Save the Children
Programme Advisor – Inclusion and gender
The Programme Advisor – Inclusion and gender will be part of the Programme Development and Quality Team and will work closely with the area offices, other TAs and the operation team. The Programme Advisor – Inclusion and gender will provide technical leadership to the Syria Response for integration and mainstreaming of protection, gender and inclusion considerations across sectors.
As integral part of the role, the advisor must be able to rapidly identify and anticipate problems and issues, help formulate strategic and programming priorities, and write and create products that represent assessments of complex issues under tight deadlines. Additionally, the programme advisor, as part of her/his programme development responsibilities will produce concept notes for projects and initiatives in line with SRO CSP and country annual priorities including contributing to sector strategy development, programme design, liaison with key donors and coordination with other implementing agencies.
Finally, the programme advisor will work closely with sector technical advisors (Education, CP, WASH, Public health/Nutrition, Durable Solutions, Mh-PSS) to ensure consistency and mainstreaming of protection and safe programming into programme design and implementation.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* At least 8 years’ experience in an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, nutrition and emergencies
* Recognized leadership role in the humanitarian protection relevant technical areas at both field and country level including technical experience in gender programmes, inclusion and SGBV
* Master’s degree in Social Sciences, in an area of social development
* Very good understanding of Syria context
* Experience in working with partner organizations in humanitarian or development settings
* Good analytical skills. Effective negotiator, with the ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sector working
* Credibility to lobby, influence and represent Save the Children at all levels
* Resource management, training, capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
* Fluency in written and spoken English
* Language skills in Arabic
* Experience of contributing to successful funding proposals for donors
* Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWFyaWFtLjE2MzUzLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.