International Rescue Committee
**Job Overview:**The receptionist provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. They greet, welcome, and direct visitors and clients appropriately; notifying staff of visitor/client arrivals. They maintain the lobby and front desk and coordinate telecommunications and check-in systems.
- Greet visitors, ascertain their needs, answer basic questions, and direct them to the appropriate staff person or department. Manage flow of visitors during peak periods such as open office hours.
- Treat all staff, clients and guests with respect, professionalism, kindness, and dignity.
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls. Refer inquiries from clients and guests to the appropriate staff.
- Make appointments and conduct follow-up calls. Manage voicemail system and send messages to appropriate staff.
- Ensure staff, clients and guests are checking-in when they arrive to the IRC using the online Proxyclick system and provide other programmatic support, such as receiving documents from clients and directing them to appropriate staff.
- Provide referrals and information on IRC programs and services. Refer non-IRC clients to appropriate internal and external resources.
- Maintain and tidy up the lobby, the classroom, the conference room, the small and large huddle rooms periodically throughout the day.
- Maintain up-to-date information on front desk processes and procedures and update lobby bulletin boards with up-to-date information/flyers.
- Order and maintain stock of needed office supplies. Review inventory and monitor prices.
- Provide clients and donors with access to the donation store as appropriate and assist staff with maintaining donations inventory.
- Maintain office equipment including copier and projector in good working order; escalate issues as needed.
- Receive and distribute mail and packages. Process outgoing mail and deposit in mailbox on daily basis.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent education or work experience.
- Minimum 1 year relevant work experience in administration, reception, or other experience in providing professional customer service.
- Desire to work as a team member and demonstrated experience working with diverse communities and cultures.
- Must be well-organized, reliable, professional, detail oriented and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and maintain responsibility for multiple tasks.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
- Ability to speak in a clear and friendly manner over the phone.
- Ability to greet clients and visitors in a friendly and welcoming manner when face-to-face.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in spoken English. Bilingual ability in one of the predominant languages of the local client base a plus.
- Professional, fast-paced office environment.
- Must be able to use a computer for long periods of time.
- Position hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5pm.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.