Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
A critical position focusing on recruiting support, pre-employment processing and some Junior recruiting activities. Perfect for the professional looking for an opportunity in human resources and eager to learn.
This position is a health benefits eligible temporary role expected to last six months. With exceptional performance, conversion to a regular role is possible.
- Ensures pre-employment processes are completed to meet university standards including reference checks, criminal background screening, employment validation, degree verification and health assessments, as required; reviews with manager, as needed.
- Composes employment advertisements and contacts appropriate advertising sources.
- Ensures the applicant referral pool has a cross section of diverse candidates, consistent with established equal opportunity and affirmative action goals.
- Determines which applicants are most qualified for specific positions and refers for interviews.
- May recommend appropriate starting salaries for final job candidates. Reviews internal equity, professional tenure and market trends.
- May participate in process improvement efforts of the department.
- Maintains required records and documentation to ensure OFCCP and DOL EEO compliance.
- May advise and enforce organizational policies and procedures. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field and
- Six months of work experience in an office environment, preferably within a staffing/recruiting agency.
- Or a human resources function or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to extract data from applicant tracking system and manipulate in MS Excel and Power-Point.
- One year of recruiting support experience.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work.
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply?
Connect with us for general consideration!
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.