Jewish Family Service is a 129-year-old non-profit organization providing social services to individuals and families in the Jewish and greater communities of the Puget Sound region. We help people achieve well-being, health and stability.
Jewish Family Service is currently seeking a Refugee Support Case Manager to join our Refugee and Immigrant Services team. This full-time (37.5 hours/week) position will provide trauma-informed case management to newly arrived refugees and immigrants across the agency’s Kent office, ‘floating’ between program teams. The Case Manager will be responsible for managing assigned caseloads of clients, assessing client needs, developing and implementing service plans and working with other community resources to achieve client goals. The position is based in the agency’s Kent office, but work is carried out in locations throughout the Puget Sound, including clients’ homes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with clients to develop a strengths-based, goal-orientated service plan to support and empower refugees on their path to community integration and self-sufficiency.**
· Provide comprehensive case management as appliable to individualized service plans to include: advocating and coordinating access to resources; connecting clients to medical and mental health care, applying for job placement opportunities; conducting home visits.
· Provide all services in a linguistically and culturally appropriate manner for each client utilizing interpretation/translation services as needed.
· Maintain an up to date, working knowledge of best practices in trauma-informed, client-centered case management.
· Maintain and up to date and nuanced understanding of program contracts and requirements.
· Collaborate across agency programs and cultivate relationships with other community organizations to ensure client and agency goals are met. Provide referrals to clients as needed.
· Ensure accurate, timely and detailed compliance with data entry, client records and program reporting.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the field.
· Trauma-informed, client-centered case management experience with refugees and immigrants required.
· Strong computer, documentation and time management skills to ensure effective case file maintenance.
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work under pressure and handle competing priorities.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule that prioritizes clients’ needs and capabilities. Some evening and weekend work required.
· Valid Washington State driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable access to personal vehicle as well as ability to drive agency vehicles required.
· Fully vaccinated individuals required due to client facing nature of the work; accommodations provided if possible.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
· The starting pay for this position is $23.46 – $26.07/hour.
Jewish Family Service offers a generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, FSA, Life and LTD insurance, 401k with employer contribution, EAP, and ample paid time off.
How to apply
Please visit the posting on our careers page: https://www.jfsseattle.org/careers/#refugee-support-case-manager
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.