CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation for people with disabilities. For more than 100 years, it has been fighting based on Christian values in the world’s poorest regions to improve the quality of life of people who have a disability. It is committed to preventing disabilities. CBM’s aim is to break the cycle of poverty and disability in developing countries and to create a world in which people with disabilities have the same opportunities and rights as all others.
To expand our Regional Finance Management team, we are looking for a Regional Finance Comptroller* who combines controlling and financial compliance.
The position is a position with 40h/week.
This position is only filled locally, in Lomé, Togo. With contractual conditions of the respective country. An expatriation is not intended.
These are your responsibilities
a. Financial and Operations
- Responsible for the coordination of finance, program operations and shared service centre functions with the aim of seeking opportunities to optimize financial business processes
- Excellent understanding of corporate functions procedures, guidelines and working arrangements and establish best fit for supporting Business functions.
b. Financial Planning
By establishing schedules, analysing and consolidating financial data on a regular basis (monthly, quarterly and annually) to ensure accurate and effective forecasting and budgeting of Regional Hub and Project Implementation costs.
Support Country Offices treasury management and has oversight for Regional Hub Office liquidity position.
Working within Regional Hub’s senior management team; to review and challenge assumptions and financial data quality of business plans, funding requests from country offices and regional hub departments.
c. Financial Reporting & Monitoring
- Takes responsibility for ensuring timely, accurate and complete reporting for Regional Hubs and Country Offices in line with timelines stipulated for CBM financial reporting operations
- Performs detailed analysis of financial reports and prepares high-level financial reports as required by senior management and Regional Hub Director within the Region.
- Leads the coordination of external audits to ensure they are planned, performed and completed within stipulated timelines and issues raised thereof are expeditiously resolved.
d. Internal Controls and compliance
- Develop a strong and effective culture to protect and preserve organizational assets
- Analyse, report and give guidance on development of structure/quality of business unit, based on internal audit findings, compliance issues in projects, and compliance and development of quality of project portfolio (with emphasis on status to time, scope, budget)
- Engage with Field Compliance Management to ensure timely resolution of Field Compliance findings and continuous improvement of project compliance
- Working with other relevant teams within the organization (Field Compliance, Internal Audit) to provide a strong ‘tone’ for statutory and regulatory compliance within the Regions ‘own infrastructure’.
e. People (finance) management
- Assure skills, knowledge and behaviour of team is aligned to Business needs and wider organizational strategy
- Conduct needs based trainings on financial processes, risk and quality management (finance) targeting Regional Hub and Country Offices
- Line management in a dotted line relationship with all Country Finance Managers with responsibilities including but not limited to recruitment and performance management
These are your qualifications
- Holder of a university degree in accounting, business management or similar and CPA/ACA/ACCA. Possession of an MBA is an advantage.
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience in a similar position, preferably with an international development organisation
- Acts as a trusted sparring and challenging partner to Regional Hub Director
- Gives fact data and analysis based on pro-active recommendations
- Actively manages and ensures strong internal controls and compliance with CBM policies and procedures
- Transforms business needs into (financial) technology/ data needs
- Exhibits a deep understanding of value flows of business (responsibilities and processes).
- Possesses ability to identify and address areas of improvements (efficiency, growth and risk)
- Deep technical knowledge in areas of financial management, risk and compliance
- Knowledge in maintaining highly optimized finance processes
- Fluent in English and French (written and oral)
- MS Office package (good knowledge)
- ERP Systems (MS Navision – advantageous)
- Knowledge of Web Conferencing Software
- Commitment to CBM’s mission, vision and values
What we offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse and collegial team and great team spirit
How to apply
Please apply exclusively online via our job portal.
A letter of motivation, CV and relevant (work) references complete your application.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Your contact person: Ms Mindebe Kelelen, E-mail: [email protected]
We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.
*Suitability is decisive, the sex is irrelevant
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.