International Organization for Migration
The IOM Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok (ROAP) is covering 40 countries across the Asia and Pacific region. The key responsibility of the RO Bangkok is to formulate regional strategies and plans of action and to provide programmatic and administrative support to the countries within its region.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Policy and Liaison Officer (Sr. RPLO) the incumbent will provide support to Regional Office and Country Offices within the Asia and the Pacific Region with regard to maintaining regular contact with international, governmental and non-governmental partners, and contribute to regular national and regional migration dialogue and policy development in the region, in the context of IOM’s Strategic Vision, Migration Governance Framework (MiGOF), the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly, and Regular Migration (GCM) and IOM’s roles on the UN Migration Network and the UN system reform processes at regional and country levels, and the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development and other key global and regional frameworks relevant to migration.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordinating, consolidating and preparing presentations, reports and other materials, support surveys and research initiatives, particularly with UN system reform and Regional Collaborative Platform (RCP) related processes, regional UN Migration Network and IOM-ASEAN relations, others as requested.
- Compile various periodic reports including those managed by PLU; Institutional Questionnaire (IQ) and support the review and endorsement of relevant country and regional projects including follow up with country offices as required.
- Assist in updating the IOM Asia Pacific Regional Strategy and the annual ROAP workplans; support the development of sub-regional strategies and country strategies that are aligned to the IOM Strategic Vision and Strategic Results Framework; support coordination of migration policy related activities including Migration Governance Indicators (MGI) in the region.
- Provide support to IOM’s role as Coordinator of the Regional UN Network on Migration including rolling out the annual workplan and support country offices in the implementation of the Global Compact for Migration.
- Assist in the coordination of Networking Group on Human Mobility and Urbanization (NG-HMU) scheduling regular meetings of the co-chairs and wider NG HMU. roll out of the workplan including development of reports, events and outputs; conducting research; collecting data; organizing meetings and events; and taking notes of and disseminating the proceedings of meetings.
- Assist in monitoring and support migration-related Inter-State Consultation Mechanisms (ISCMs), including Regional Consultative Processes (RCPs) and regional bodies including the ASEAN (ASEAN-IOM collaboration), SAARC, Pacific Island Forum (PIF) etc. together with the relevant COs.
- Participate in appropriate policy and operational inter-agency and internal IOM mechanisms; engage with UN Agencies in the development and implementation of the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF), UNESCAP (Regional Economic Commission for Asia and Pacific), and coordinate with partners on the implementation and review processes of the migration-relevant Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);,
- Assist in gathering data/information that would contribute to developing new tools to enhance communication for the unit, tracking of new trends and fundraising opportunities, gender requirements and overall project proposal development to share with the respective missions.
- Assist in organizing events for the RO, e.g. Regional Policy Coordination Committee (RPCC), internal events, visiting delegations etc.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to [email protected]. Please include the reference code: ROBKK-VN 22-049 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.