INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Regional Protection Advisor – Ukraine Crisis
Duty station: Based in Moldova with support to Ukraine and Poland
Starting date: 20/06/2022
Contract duration: 2+4
Reporting to: Head of mission Moldova
Supervision of: N.A.
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
Ensure programmatic and technical support to INTERSOS’s programs in response to the Ukraine crisis focusing on protection of vulnerable persons who are at particular risk of violence or abuse, including children and women. Perform as technical focal point to provide appropriate and timely technical guidance to the protection team in Moldova, Ukraine and Poland.
General purpose of the position
- Define and coordinate the implementation of the protection strategy of the mission.
- Provide technical guidance and advices to protection staffs ensuring the different components of the programme are delivered according to internal guidelines and in line with international standards and principles, in order to achieve mission’s goals effectively, according to INTERSOS vision and values.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Support to Missions
- Technically advise on the design and development of intervention strategies for Protection projects by assisting the country Protection team
- Technical support for the proposal development process of new projects based on the assessment of needs in the region
- Support the development of tools and resources for project implementation
- Provide guidance and support to field programs (both on-site and remote assistance);
- Provide cover for missions in the absence of Protection Coordinators and ensure smooth transition when Protection Coordinators are under recruitment
- Support Protection Coordinators in ensuring mainstreaming of Protection, Gender, age and diversity principles into all INTERSOS programs through technical guidance, trainings, and sharing tools and resources
- Review SoPs and tools developed in the missions to ensure they are in line with INTERSOS guidelines and international standards
- Support the recruitment of key protection staff for the missions
- Lead needs assessment in protection for the crisis response
Capacity building and learning:
- Mentor the Protection Coordinators / Officers in the missions and help for the development of their work plans providing support where needed
- Train protection team on basic protection principles and standards and provide thematic training on CP and GBV
- Train protection team on core protection interventions like Case Management, Protection Monitoring, MHPSS and interventions for UASC
- Develop SOPs and Guidance notes for key protection interventions in line with INTERSOS Global guidelines and international standards
- Develop the protection strategy for the region highlighting protection trends, challenges and niche areas for INTERSOS in the Ukrainian crisis response
- Create opportunities for experience sharing and learning within protection teams of the 3 countries in the region in order to strengthen cooperation and collaboration
- Support identification of common practices and potential synergies within INTERSOS Ukraine response protection programs, ensuring harmonization of approaches when feasible
- Produce quarterly protection trend reports for the Ukraine Crisis response to inform donor negotiations, regional and global consultations
- Represent INTERSOS in the appropriate fora and ensure visibility and collaboration in INTERSOS protection work
- Establish and maintain collaborative relations with relevant donors, partners, project stakeholders and other organizations
- Maintain effective relationships with Protection, GBV and CP clusters and related working groups at national and regional level
Coordination with HQ Protection Unit
- Collect regular updates from the missions and ensure the timely submission of monthly reports and other data as requested
- Support the development of tools resources and research that is undertaken globally and support the publication of protection resources/tools
- Ensure existing internal resources are adapted to context and used by the missions
- Participate in the monthly protection team meeting and Learning sessions
Expériences / Formation
Master in relevant field (Social Science, Psychology, Social Work, Human Rights, International Humanitarian Law or other fields related to social development and humanitarian work)
Minimum 8 years of experience in Humanitarian Protection response with 5 years as technical lead
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Strong theoretical, technical and practical background in protection
- Ukrainian and Polish desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work and integrate in a multicultural team
- Ability to work under pressure, flexibility
- Problem solver, dynamic, mature, proactive
- Diplomatic skills in networking with partners, authorities and donors
- Experience in complex emergency setting involving internal displacements
- Reporting skills, experience with monitoring tools and systems, data collection and analysis
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/625181ee8976a5001eb6f679/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to [email protected], with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-59-2481-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email or application letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web unjobvacancies.com