Position: Regional Program Assistant – Africa/Asia
Location: Home-based within the time zone range of CAT to PKT.
Reports to: Regional Program Manager– Africa/Asia
About Relief International:
Relief International (RI) is a leading non-profit organization working in 16 countries globally to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
RI combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach – which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
About the Africa-Asia Region:
RI currently operates in nine countries in the Africa/Asia region: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Somalia, South Sudan, and Sudan, with a focus on the four RI sector pillars: Health, WASH, Education and Economic Opportunity. RI currently employs more than 3,000 staff (direct and indirect) in the Africa/Asia region and implements a range of emergency response and development programs valued at approximately $50 million USD on an annual basis.
As part of the Regional Programs Team within the Regional Support Office (RSO) for RI’s Africa & Asia Region, the Regional Program Assistant (RPA) will serve as a critical support function for the Africa/Asia Regional Program Team. Under the supervision of the Regional Program Manager (RPM), the Regional Program Assistant (RPA) will contribute to a wide variety of program and grants management support tasks for the Africa/Asia country programs and provide key administrative support to the Regional Programs Team.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBIITIES and DUTIES:
Program Management Support
- Support the RPM in providing country program leads with orientation and continuous guidance/training on Relief International’s Program Management Framework (PMF) and its required tools and processes
- Assist the RPM in providing guidance, oversight and support to country teams with routine program cycle management and ad-hoc tasks
- Support the RPM in tracking country office completion of mandatory program management tools
- Conduct regular review of program documentation status for all programs, identifying gaps and suggesting plans for improvement
- Support assessments as well as monitoring & evaluation initiatives with tasks such as data cleaning, data analysis and draft report writing as necessary and directed by RPM and the Regional MEAL Manager
- Participate in program meetings with country, regional and global teams to capture key discussion points and document action items and decisions that are critical for the programs team
Grants Management Support
- Contribute to maintaining updated online grant folders in Box in close coordination with the Awards Management Unit (AMU) and country grants focal points.
- Regularly update regional grants and reporting trackers and alert the RPM of upcoming submission deadlines and pending actions
- Support copy-editing and formatting of donor reports or modifications and support the submission process in coordination with AMU colleagues.
- Provide other grant management support as needed.
- Develop program summaries for all active projects in Africa and Asia for use in internal and external communications
- Support the development of country profiles, capacity statements, impact stories, program briefs, and other communications materials using presentation and design tools such as PowerPoint, InDesign etc. as needed.
- Support the development of an internal Africa/Asia newsletter and other communications content for Relief International’s Intranet on MS Sharepoint
- Support country teams with the creation of regular program content to be used by RI’s global Communications Department for RI’s website, social media and other channels
- Support the Regional Programs Team with ad-hoc and ongoing research and summaries on humanitarian crises as needed
- Serve as the Asia/Africa regional lead for Intranet content upload and maintenance
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a highly dynamic, proactive, autonomous and flexible individual with previous exposure and work with international NGOs and humanitarian programming. An excellent communicator and team player with fluency in English and who is at ease working in a highly diverse team, capable adapting communication styles to different audiences.
- Bachelors degree in International Development, Humanitarian Studies, Management Studies, or a related field in alignment with the relief and development sectors
- Demonstrated professional experience working on or supporting humanitarian/development programming, with previous field experience preferrable
- Excellent independent and collaborative report writing and data analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to, meet deadlines, and exercise sound judgment and discipline
- Logical and critical thinking skills, and a comfort working with spreadsheets
- Strong independent task management skills and techniques, ability to prioritize and organize own workload
- Comfortable absorbing workload under stress periods
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English, including consensus building and triangulation of information from multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team with a high degree of drive, initiative and autonomy
- Willingness to accept and absorb direct critique and participate in two-way dialogue with peers and managers to improve work quality and results
- Proven high level of computer literacy and advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (with emphasis on Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel internationally to support country programs upon request
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a detailed CV and cover letter latest by September 29th, 2021. We greatly appreciate your interest in working with RI, but we’ll only be able to contact shortlisted candidates. Due to the urgency of this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and selected candidates interviewed prior to the closing date that may appear on any of the job boards where this vacancy is posted.
RI’s talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
RI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EOE/M/F/D/V.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.