Stratas Advisors is seeking an analyst for its practice area pertaining to renewable transport fuels, including biofuels. The primary focus of this position will be conducting research on renewable transport fuels from global and regional perspectives. The analyst will gather and analyze information and data, and distill key takeaways and implications, provided to clients through online client products and bespoke consulting engagements.
Strong teamwork skills as well as the ability to work independently are critical to this role.
- Monitor and collect data/information on renewable transport fuels and the transport and energy sectors, including overall market growth, fiscal policies, sales of alternative vehicles, trade dimensions and developments by competitor, at a country and region level.
- Streamline overall data gathering and handling with the help of Stratas Advisors’ database support team.
- Forecast and model supply and demand, production capacity, feedstock splits, support mechanisms and tariff at the country level.
- Prepare written analysis of markets and policies in reports/memos/data provided for internal use and for clients, as well as in other forms, such as PowerPoint slides and Excel files.
- Help coordinate data and information sharing between the Renewable Fuels team and other teams within Stratas Advisors (e.g., Automotive, Fuels Specifications and Downstream teams).
- Deliver analytical content and market insights associated with strategic consulting engagements.
- Provide research and analytical support to other teams within Stratas Advisors when required.
- Experience in an analyst/research role.
- BA/BS is required, and an MA/MS, specifically with work in economics or transportation/energy, is a plus.
- Strong quantitative skills with a comfort level using MS Excel are critical.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong problem-solving/critical thinking skills.
- High level of personal interest and enthusiasm in the transport and energy industries.
- Understanding of the transport industry, including basic familiarity with foundational technologies, trends, and regulatory environment a plus.
- Understanding of general economics, including but not limited to supply/demand and price relationships, and familiarity with international markets.
- Knowledge of German, Chinese, Malay, or Russian is a plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities such as consulting is desirable.
- Willingness to travel for business on an occasional basis (when COVID-restrictions allow for it).
- Home working is currently the norm at Stratas. Targeted meetups with the direct team members are conducive to the work, however, and we utilize them when safely possible
Stratas Advisors offers a fixed-term contract in Brussels with a competitive remuneration and benefit package (including holiday pay, 13th month, pension scheme and luncheon vouchers).
Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by Thursday 10 November COB. Clearly mark “Renewable Transport Fuels Analyst“ in the subject of your email.
Interviews will be conducted online on a rolling basis.
Stratas Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do not forget to mention that you found this job ad on the UNJOBVACANCIES Jobsite!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.