- Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
Global Green Growth Institute
The Global Green Growth Institute internship program (also called “Grow Green” Program) provides a unique learning opportunity for students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds. The program is designed for talented and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to GGGI’s operations. The program allows selected candidates to gain insight into the work of the Institute and provides assistance and training in various professional fields in a multicultural environment. We encourage qualified young professionals with diverse academic and cultural backgrounds to apply.
The position will support the Program Manager with the following assignments including:
- Conduct desk research on targeted countries and priority sectors with a special focus on Climate Smart Agriculture. Collect data from reports to support project development. With the support of the Program manager, develop and provide summary and findings on reports.
- Pre-feasibility study: Conduct market research, analysis for project, or proposal development; review, monitor, track, and analyze data irregularities and trends; supports activities on data modeling, trend analysis, and key performance indicators; coordinate and prepare for client meetings, stakeholders’ interviews, with large audiences and create meeting minutes.
- Conference/Workshop management: Assist in the organization of conferences, meetings, seminars, and workshops requests, collecting and recording all information, processing expense claims and reports on behalf of meeting participants; contributing to the management of the events/meetings including logistics, security, protocol, hospitality.
- Additionally, the position will assist the Africa Regional’s Office, on local administrative tasks including:
- Assist in expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources, in accordance with GGGI’s rules and regulations (e.g. authorization of payments, submission of claims, requisition/procurement of equipment and services < USD 10,000, processing of individual consultants’ payments); assist in organization and oversight of timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions and assets. Process Travel Claims (TCs), other travel entitlements such as Daily Personal Expenses (DPE) and Terminal Expenses for staff, consultants, meeting participants and other official travelers.
- Travel: Process requests for visas and liaise with travel agents and/or national missions to ensure timely processing of visas; keep the visa tracker up-to-date and monitor visa extensions/renewals; keep an up-to-date travel directory of all travels undertaken.
- Administration: Process incoming and outgoing mails and documentation; maintenance of the corresponding register and distribution as appropriate; provide advice on support services entitlements and regulations in accordance with GGGIs rules and regulations; take responsibility for day-to-day administration activities as well work office space; perform other administration support as needed in support to the Regional Office.
- Communications: Serve as information management focal point by collecting and providing easy access to information, articles, and research material that may be relevant to the GGGI program.
- Finally, the successful candidate will develop the skills and knowledge base to progress toward gaining independent assignments. He or she must work well within a team centered environment while being self-reliant. The successful candidate will be able to think critically and effectively communicate creative recommendations, both orally and in writing. The successful candidate also must be able to multi-task effectively and be comfortable making recommendations with limited information.
Applicants to the GGGI internship program must at the time of application meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s (final year), Master’s or PhD program prior to internship assignment, or a recent graduate within the last 12 months.
- Be engaged or recently engaged in academic study in a field directly related to the Institute’s work: economics, biology, geography, environmental engineering, sustainable development, international relations or related fields.
- Candidate must live in or around the Abidjan Metropolitan Area, as some tasks will require face-to-face support.
- Possess an excellent command of English.
Required Skills And Experience:
- Master’s Degree in economics, finance, business administration, planning, or related field
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exhibit a desire to learn new skills through training
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate
- Professional, motivated, and coachable
- Ability to analyze reports and requirements to effectively communicate concepts and proposed solutions
- Fluent both in French and English
- Evidence of the ability to use automated software to prepare and present analysis such as with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel or similar software
- Evidence of the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels of a complex organization both orally and in writing
- Evidence of the ability to handle multiple complex assignments simultaneously under aggressive deadlines
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.