Baylor College of Medicine (BCM)
Since its establishment, the Center for Precision Environmental Health (CPEH) has become a focus for environmental health, epigenetics, and model organism research at Baylor. Center investigators working in these areas have all required cutting-edge microscopy, in some cases, the need for 24-7 microscopy access driven by highly time sensitive questions such as experiments using murine embryos to monitor neural tube closure in real-time, or gastrulation in zebrafish embryos at specific hours post-fertilization. In other cases, the expertise and technology needed is highly specialized, such as tracking single molecules on chromatin in real-time, or requiring extensive microscope time, such as real-time videos of cell division, or extensive time-intensive imaging and quantitation. CPEH is in search of a Facility Manager to help both novice and advanced users in the Center take full advantage of all the capabilities afforded from the installed Nikon equipment. This position is ideal for an individual who has training in advanced microscopy techniques and complex picture analysis to assist Center faculty with experiment design and expose them to new imaging techniques. The candidate will also contribute data to grant submissions and publish manuscripts. The position also requires the individual to work with rodent and fish animal models.
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Troubleshoots and provides solutions to improve outcomes and experiment design.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigator.
- Trains and supervises less experienced research staff. Defines problems and possible solutions.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the CPEH Nikon Center of Excellence.
- Master’s degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Three years of relevant microscopy experience.
- Evidence of scientific writing is a plus.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply via Recruiter
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.