Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Research Coordinator will coordinate activities related to COVID grant-funded research conducted at Harlem Prevention Center (HPC) in the field and on site, including all steps of study screening, enrollment, data collection, study follow up activities and retention in accordance with site and study procedures. The Research Coordinator will work closely with the Study Principal Investigator (PI), Site Coordinator and research staff in the implementation of study goals and objectives.
- Conduct all research activities in accordance with study protocol, standard operating procedures and other appropriate institutional regulations, procedures, and policies, including procedures to safeguard confidentiality of study participants. 5%
- Screen potential participants to determine eligibility for study participation, collect locator and demographic information, coordinate participant study visit activities and follow up including but not limited to scheduling visits; track scheduled follow up visits; provide reminder letters and calls for follow up visits and conduct other activities to retain study participants. 15%
- Perform the informed consent process and obtain signed informed consent prior to initiating any protocol defined procedures. 10%
- Oversee the collection and transport of study specimen to research lab and ensure timely request and delivery of study drug from the research pharmacy to the site, if applicable. 5%
- Complete study specific data collection forms and maintain source documentation as per protocol guidelines.10%
- Assist with specimen tracking using computer-based laboratory data management system (LDMS), if applicable. 5%
- Implement continuous quality improvement processes to ensure integrity of data collected and/or entered into study databases and perform quality assurance activities in collaboration with the site’s Data Manager. 5%
- Employ intensive strategies to track and retain study participants and re-engage participants missing study visits, if applicable. 5%
- Coordinate all aspects of the study to ensure site compliance with study protocol, all relevant procedures, policies, and regulations. 15%
- Maintain confidentiality of study participants and adhere to principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and ethics of human subject research. 5%
- Attend staff meetings, study specific and other study related trainings as requested by the site PI and site coordinator. 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education, training, and experience.
- 2 years of relevant experience
- At least 6 months to a year of experience in a clinical research setting.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to adapt to flexible schedule.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to urgent situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- An interest in/or experience with COVID related research
- Spanish language skills
- Domestic travel required, if needed
How to apply
Interested candidates apply here
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.