The Epidemiology Program is the largest program devoted to pediatric cancer epidemiology in the US. The Program currently has several funded research projects focused on pediatric cancer etiology and survivorship. This position provides much-needed support to several of these projects through the following activities. Coordinating day to day activities of research protocols for the Epidemiology program and supporting all research efforts of the program. Daily activities include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants as well as ensuring accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants. This individual should have excellent communication skills since study participants may be recruited in person, via phone, or email. Research coordinator will also be responsible for completing all relevant study documents, maintaining research charts, providing study updates, and completing study progress reports.
- Interviews, screens and recruits patients for study.
- Explains processes and procedures to educate participants regarding the research study.
- Ensures research protocol objectives are being met and research activities meet institutional and regulatory standards.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- Collect, processes, ships, and maintains paperwork for specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents for research studies.
- Organizes study research documents following specific protocol guidelines.
- Corresponds with patients throughout study.
- Works in a team environment with faculty and other staff members to ensure protocol objectives are being met.
- Schedules study meetings and conference calls.
- Prepares study meeting agendas, participate in meetings, and track meeting minutes/notes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply via Recruiter
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.