UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. With offices in more than 170 countries and territories, we offer global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
Working in the Philippines for over 40 years already, UNDP continues to strengthen the country’s capacities at the national and local levels to promote democratic governance, sustainable management of natural resources, climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction and management, and resilience and peacebuilding. In all its programmes, UNDP integrates human rights and gender equality, advocating that everyone should have equal access to the benefits of development.
In supporting various projects and programmes, UNDP Philippines wishes to contract a number of videographers on long term agreements (LTAs) who will be responsible for filming events and small-scale video productions.
Videographers may be required to perform smaller productions like documentaries, live events, UN events, and training videos. Editing footages gathered is also one of the responsibilities of a videographers. The videos or footages to be taken may be used by the hiring unit for publicity purposes to serve as proof to promote advocacies.
Under the Long-Term Agreement (LTA), the Videographer may work remotely or be assigned anywhere in the Philippines, depending on the requirement. The LTAs can be availed of by other UN agencies in the Philippines under same terms and conditions.
The Videographers must have required software packages, and internet access for carrying out the activities required under this assignment and shall report to the Project Manager of the hiring unit or his/ her authorized representative/s.
All submissions for the release of payments shall have a complete final video as agreed. The final output will be reviewed by the Project Manager, who will provide comments and endorsement of the output.
Validity of the Roster / LTA
The initial contract would be for one year an option for renewal in the subsequent years which is contingent on a satisfactory performance evaluation. The roster / LTA will be valid for maximum period of 3 years. UNDP may issue long term agreements (IC contracts) for selected consultants or National Professional Services Agreement (NPSA) depending upon the need of various projects. LTA holders are not guaranteed any contract amount during the validity of the LTA, and engagement will be on an on-call basis.
Duration of Contract
The LTAs will be for an initial duration of 1 year, which may be renewed up to 3 years, subject to satisfactory performance evaluation of the Consultants. LTA holders are not guaranteed any contract amount during the validity of the LTA, and engagement will be on an on-call basis.
Duty Station and Travel
• The consultant will be required to work within Manila and from their own homes/offices unless requested by UN/DP to travel to different locations within Philippines.
• For completion of the activities/deliverables under these LTAs, the consultant will be responsible for her/his own equipment, tools or software (i.e. laptop, internet, phone, cameras, etc.) and must have access to reliable internet connection.
• The consultant might be required to travel outside their duty station for specific events and would make their own arrangements for travel and lodging.
• Payment of travel costs including tickets (based on economy class ticket only), lodging, etc. should be agreed upon, between UN/UNDP and the consultant prior to travel.
• All travel related expenses will be reimbursed on actuals, upon submission of original receipts – air tickets must be most direct.
Roster / LTA Contracting modality and Call-off mechanism:
• All the selected candidates will be put on a roster, valid for 3 years.
• The LTA to be signed will be an all-inclusive lumpsum amount
• UNDP does not warrant any quantity of services will be purchased during the term of the LTA as this will depend on forthcoming needs.
• Once the LTA is signed, if there is a specific requirement/event/meeting to be filmed, the focal person in the UN/UNDP hiring unit would contact the top-ranking LTA holder (ranking to be set up as per evaluation method and criteria section below). Should this consultant not be available for the assignment, UNDP will contact the second ranked consultant and so on.
• Upon receipt of this communication, the LTA videographer would have to confirm their availability for the assignment. If positive, s/he would inform UNDP of the expected travel/lodging costs (if applicable if the event requires travel). Upon review of the same, UNDP will send the videographer a written communication confirming the requirement in the form of a work order or purchase order sent by email. The order will include details on the location of the event, number of hours/days for work and other practical details. Price in the order will be based on lumpsum fee included in the LTA contract and on the agreed travel costs. After the work order has been sent, no further costs would be reimbursed by UNDP (increased number of workdays/hours, or increased travel costs) unless there is prior written authorization by UNDP. The successful IC will be given 2-3 days’ notice prior to the scheduled video shoot.
• After the work order has been sent, no further costs would be reimbursed by UNDP (increased outputs, or increased travel costs) unless there is prior written authorization by UNDP.
• Once the services are completed and have been approved by the hiring unit, the consultant will send the following for payment purposes: a) complete invoice indicating number of pages and travel costs (if any); b) supporting documentation (bills/vouchers) for reimbursements of travel costs if applicable; c) copy of the UNDP order for the assignment.
• The roster may also be used by UNDP HR team to select consultants on National Professional Service Agreements (NPSA). Those contracts will be based on the time-input provided by the selected consultants. The fee under NPSA modality will follow the pre-defined remuneration scale prescribed by NPSA policy.
UNDP will regularly monitor the performance of these LTA holders, based on the following Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
• KPI 1: Responsiveness: Videographer should respond and confirm their availability for the event within 1 day of UNDP’s notification by email.
• KPI 2: Timeliness of submission of reports to UNDP
• KPI 3: Quality of reports are as per work order submitted.
• KPI 4: Accuracy of payment documentation. Videographer shall provide complete payment documentation including accurate invoices with correct quantities, unit price, complete travel bills/vouchers for reimbursement, etc.
• KPI 5: Communication and Reporting. Videographer shall communicate and provide reports in a timely and professional manner
UNDP would conduct performance reviews of these LTAs every six (6) months, which might include meetings with the LTA holders and feedback from other stakeholders.
If the consultant fails to meet UNDP’s performance requirements detailed above, s/he will receive in the first instance a warning to improve their performance. Continued failure to meet performance requirements may result in termination of the LTA.
Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
In the event that the hiring unit requires the services of Videographer on a daily basis, the hiring unit may select any two LTA holders to be submitted to HR for processing of short term NPSA. The all-inclusive daily fee under NPSA modality will follow the rates prescribed in the NPSA portal.
|Description of Responsibilities :|
Duties and Responsibilities
LTA Objective and Set-up
The overall objective to set up Long-Term Agreements (LTAs) with individuals to expedite the process by which UNDP and other UN Agencies in the Philippines engage the services of a Videographer, as the need arises.
Scope of Work
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager of the hiring Project/UN Agency, the Videographer is expected to record or film live events and small-scale video productions, including, but not limited to, the performance of the following tasks:
Use of filming equipment:
The consultant will be given 2-3 days’ notice prior to the scheduled video shoot. Videographers will do work outdoors and in remote locations. The consultants have to set up their equipment and must be prepared to make the necessary adjustments to their lenses, microphones and lights in order to capture the footage successfully. The consultant will have to be ready to work in various weather conditions and bring their equipment with them while they are on location at all times.
Following the performance of the tasks outlined in the Scope of Work above, the videographers is expected to deliver the following outputs:
The videographer is expected to submit the following outputs per call.
These outputs should be submitted to the hiring unit 1-3 days after the shoot.
Functional and technical competencies
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Proposers will be evaluated based on the Combined Rating (technical + financial) methodology. The ranking of consultant shall be made based on proposals that are
a) responsive/ compliant/ acceptable; and
b) having received the highest cumulative score out of set of weighted technical criteria
c) Financial criteria as per below weightages (technical-financial): 70%-30%
Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced proposal received by UNDP for the assignment.
It is anticipated that UNDP will sign LTA agreements with multiple Videographers to take care of various ongoing requirements at the same time.
To obtain the over-all financial quotation, UNDP will sum the cost components above (refer to the Financial proposal form – total cost).
Additional cost will not be part of the financial offer but may still be used as required.
Technical Criteria for Evaluation
Only candidates obtaining 70% of the total technical points (49 out of 70 points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information at UNDP Jobs – 102165- Roster / Long Term Agreement (LTA) for an on-call to demonstrate their qualifications. Please group them into one (1) single PDF document as the application only allows to upload maximum one document:
• Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability.
• P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
• Past Experience: Submission of at least three (3) of films/videos produced for, preferably with UN, Bilateral/ Multi-laterals, International NGOs or government agencies
• Financial proposal, stating an all-inclusive daily fee (based on an 8-hour working day – lunch time is not included –in Philippine Peso to complete the assignment. Travel and other unforeseen cost should NOT be included in the financial proposal, at this stage.
• Submission of at least three (3) completed films/videos produced in businesses, or non-government organizations (submission of the link sample work is required)
• Medical/health insurance must be purchased by the individual at his/her own expense, and upon award of contract, the consultant must be ready to submit proof of insurance valid during the contract duration.
Note: Application will not be accepted, if all the above listed documents are not submitted.
The following templates / Annexes and IC General Terms & Conditions can be downloaded from http://gofile.me/6xdJm/bE9TCw8fU:
• General Terms and Conditions for Individual Contract
• P-11 form
• Offerors Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability for the Individual IC Assignment, including Financial Proposal template
For any clarification, please write to [email protected]. Please note that only applications submitted to UNDP Jobs (on-line) will be accepted.
In view of the volume of applications, UNDP receives, only shortlisted offerors will be notified.
To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this tender/procurement notice.