Rural Water Systems Advisor – Mali ANKA JIKO Activity
Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Water Engineer on an anticipated five-year USAID-funded project in Mali. The anticipated Mali ANKA JIKO Activity will improve the quality and sustainability of rural water and sanitation services by building the capacity of key stakeholders in rural Malian communities to construct, maintain, and sustainably manage safe and reliable water systems, as well as to plan and implement Commune-level Sanitation Strategic Plans in the Sikasso, Bougouni and Koutiala Regions. This position will be full-time and based in Mali.
The Rural Water Systems Advisor will lead governance strengthening and capacity building activities for improved water and sanitation service delivery. The Advisor will work with communes and other partners on promotion and implementation of water, sanitation, productive use, and private sector activities. The Rural Water Systems Advisor will ensure expected and timely results and will support management of subcontracts and staff. Ensure that project activities on the ground take place and that all Mali and USAID norms are respected when work is carried out.
* Advanced degree in engineering, hydrology, economics, or another related field.
* At least ten (10) years of experience working in community development (in one or more of the following: water, sanitation, productive use, private sector on donor funded projects).
* At least five (5) years of experience strengthening government service delivery, especially in rural areas.
* At least five (5) years of experience in planning, operations, and management of rural or district-level water and sanitation systems.
* Fluency in written and spoken French is required; proficiency in English and Bambara, other local languages is preferred.
* Malian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and if noted above, any additional requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw International Development Services ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.