Location: Based in Amman, Jordan or Tunis Tunisia, with frequent travel (around 30%)
Reporting Manager: Managing Director
Direct Reports: (Marketing) Intern
Start date: January 2022
Remuneration: Around 5,400-6,500 USD per month (including Cost of Living Allowance) depending on level of experience and qualifications, plus benefits.
MAGENTA is a leading Social and Behavioural Change (SBC) Research and Communications agency that specialises in understanding human decision-making processes in order to design communications solutions for positive change in fragile and development settings. We implement programmes across the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America & the Caribbean, using the latest in behavioural science principles and a rigorous approach to research, strategy, campaign design and implementation.
Our client base includes UN agencies, INGOs, governments and the private sector. We aim to amplify the voices of local actors while bringing international expertise and methodological rigour. To do so, we partner with civil society, creative agencies, media and academics to design innovative, relevant and impactful solutions to some of the most challenging problems of our time. Whether we are aiming to shift parenting practices to improve children’s outcomes or to understand how social norms underpin corruption, we always go the extra mile to ensure we can create positive impact for some of the most underserved populations in the world.
MAGENTA has experienced rapid growth since its inception and has a focus on growing sustainably whilst maintaining our values and ethics. MAGENTA strives to build a local, nuanced presence while being able to provide SBCC technical expertise across a range of markets in Asia, the Middle East and Africa. With this role, MAGENTA is seeking a passionate and motivated candidate to work hand-in-hand with the Managing Director and the regional leadership to drive MAGENTA’s growth strategy from lead generation to strong programme design to effective partnership building.
We are looking for exceptional individuals, driven by a keen desire to deliver social impact and who thrive in a fast-paced environment. The position will be based in our Amman, Jordan headquarters, with regular travel to markets across MAGENTA’s three regions.
Responsibilities of the Growth Officer include:
· Design robust SBCC programmes, in coordination with technical and programme teams
· Identify relevant partners in MAGENTA’s regions and build dedicated teams
· Develop thorough budgets for proposals, with the support of programme and finance teams
· Drive the submission of proposals on a regular basis
· Drive the start up of programmes, working closely with the Director of Technical and Programmes
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and partners, at the group level or in support of Regional Managers
Opportunity Analysis and Lead Generation
· Conducting market research to identify new business opportunities.
· Identify new growth opportunities for MAGENTA
· Spearhead special growth projects for MAGENTA
Marketing & Thought Leadership
· Manage MAGENTA’s Marketing efforts, ensuring marketing collateral up to date, managing MAGENTA’s Marketing Intern
· Represent MAGENTA at conferences and events
· Conduct thought leadership activities such as blog articles and /or speaking engagements
· Conduct regular travel to markets to support Regional Teams on new business development
· Maintenance of MAGENTA Customer Relationship Management systems
· Production of regular regional and group levels analysis and reports
Requirements & Competencies
· Relevant degree from a top tier university;
· 6-8 years professional experience in the development sector, with a focus on SBCC/communications for development or research;
· Strong expertise in designing SBCC programmers, partnership building and proposal processes;
· Outstanding communicator: verbal and written;
· Knowledge of and experience living in Asia, Middle East or Africa;
· Must be a native English speaker, second language of French also very desirable;
· Familiarity with CRM software is desirable;
· Strong commercial acumen;
· Demonstrated experience successfully leading organisational growth;
· Willingness to work in developing/post-crisis settings;
· Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get hands dirty;
· Some long hours including evening and weekends to complete tasks or attend events
· May involve working in regions that are remote and lack basic modern infrastructure
· Overseas travel should be expected for 30% of time.
· MAGENTA is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a CV and letter of motivation on this platform here before 15 Dec 2021. The letter of motivation should describe why the applicant wants to join the MAGENTA team.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.