Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 37 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
IRW is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Seasonal Programmes Officer’ to join its dynamic and integral International Programmes Division. The purpose of the role is to provide active support to Islamic Relief’s seasonal programmes, ensuring a well-planned and effective delivery of Ramadan, Qurbani, Eid Gifts, Aqeeqa and Winterisation projects in IR Country offices in accordance with the global and local IR strategies, action plans, standards and policies.
The successful candidate must have or be:
· A graduate degree or experience in development/humanitarian areas
· A good understanding of international development issues
- Experience of and commitment to a participatory, supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of all
· Analytical skills coupled with experience of writing quality proposals and reports
· Working in a similar role with an International NGO or the successful completion of a one-year trainee programme for this role
· Experience of organisational development
· Willingness to travel at very short notice
· Experience of working on emergency and/or disaster preparedness programmes in developing countries
· Experience of working in the sectors of livelihood projects, WATSAN and Nutrition.
· Experience of advocacy and communications work
· Written and spoken command of regional languages
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 24/11/2021.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.