Duty station: Prague with frequent field trips (up to 50%)
Timeframe: minimum 2 years with desirable extension
Scope of contract: to be agreed on the profile of the candidate (minimum 50% part-time up to full-time)
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide support in security and safety management for PIN HQ and Country country offices globally with a specific focus on Africa in:
- Capacity building of staff involved in security management – Regional directors, Desk officers, Country directors, Security focal points and Country Management Teams
- Revision of Security and Safety Management Plans – including Risk Assessment, SOP and Medical Plans
- Incidents management and follow up
- Design and implementation of protection measures, advise on recommended access procedures
- Provide regular audit of security and safety procedures in assigned CP
- Understand the context, be able to provide conflict analysis on demand
- Regular evaluation of the situation in assigned countries, flag potentially dangerous situations and significant deterioration to both HQ and Country programs
- Train national and international staff at minimum in personal security, security management, crisis management and access procedures
- Identify relevant external training opportunities for PIN staff
- Shared responsibility for Induction Safety and Security trainings at HQ level, app. 5 times per year
- Tap into locally or internationally available channels providing relevant information, analysis and early warnings
- Network with Security and Safety staff on similar positions within the INGO/NGO/IO sector
- Previous experience with humanitarian sector and security/safety components of INGO operations
- Ability to quickly learning new contexts
- Training skills
- Pro-active approach
- Fluent English and French (conditional)
- Valid work permit for Czech Republic (does not apply to EU citizens)
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Laptop and mobile phone with the company tariff
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office in Prague)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Multisport card for sports and recreation in the Czech Republic
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
- PIN covers costs related to traveling abroad such as flights, accommodation, medical check-ups, vaccinations, travel insurance etc.
How to apply
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.