Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Perform verification of all payments related to staff, contractors and vendors, including consultants, to ensure correctness and compliance with the internal financial controls and Bank rules. Provide expert level technical and professional inputs and advice in developing, enhancing and implementing internal controls, policies and procedures related to administrative expenses in IsDB.
Operational & Strategic Planning:
- Contribute in the preparations of annual work plans and budget planning activities
- Participate and contribute in the establishment and review of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Division.
- Provide expert guidance in handling internal and external financial audits queries and observations.
- Supervise and effect timely and accurate payments of invoices /expenses related to contractors and vendors, consultants, travel advances and settlements.
- Guide, review and verify daily transactions/payment vouchers such as vendors invoices, contracts to ensure completeness, and accuracy of
- Ensure compliance and conformance of all transactions with rules, guidelines and IsDB’s internal control systems.
- Develop and enhance the control functions on payments to minimize operational risk.
- Provide guidance on accounting treatment and classifications of financial transactions.
- Monitor the follow up and implementation of Audit recommendations.
- Supervise the activities of Administrative expense analysts and Regional Hub Accountants.
- Provide technical advice in the preparation and settlement of highly complex transactions.
- Ensure that the deadlines of payments are respected in the Division and the Regional Hubs.
- Represent the Division in the Bank-wide working groups.
- Highlight any identified irregularity or non-compliance to the management.
- Oversee analysis of financial or operating data to satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to annual planning and periodic forecasting for consolidated administrative expenses; prepare multi-year forecasts for administrative expenses.
- Assess data for integrity and analytical purposes as and when required
- Provide guidance for the detailed scenario and run rate analyses, and other standard or ad hoc analyses to meet variety of management objectives.
Policies and Procedures:
- Analyze and identify gaps in existing policies for procurement of goods and services and staff payroll and loan processes and recommend improvements after bench-marking them with the international standards.
- Contribute to formulation of policies and guidelines governing payment requests from contractors and other vendors including consultants, field representatives, mission advances and others.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of IT systems in order to facilitate controls and increase efficiency
- Provide guidance on interpretation of IsDB Group policies and procedures, and legislative regulations applicable for the division
- Provide guidance in the preparation of financial reports, monthly statements, and in the design and maintenance of on-line and manual financial reporting systems
- Guide preparation of periodic or ad-hoc reports as and when requested by the management
Education and professional qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required
- Professional qualification from internationally recognized professional accounting body e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA, CMA or CIMA is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance and accounting, multilateral institute experience is preferred
19th May, 2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.