Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Senior Global Digital and Multimedia Content Manager at London or any existing Save the Children International office location.
To obtain digital and broadcast media coverage for Save the Children globally, in particular highlighting our work supporting children in humanitarian disasters impacted by the climate crises. The role leads digital production and global digital news strategy for the Global Media Unit, producing world-class content (video, photography and edited content) for international media, members, and owned social media channels.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of project managing complex media outcomes across different outlets and across different countries
- Experience in multimedia role within a fast paced news environment or similar communications role with 10+ years experience.
- Experience in working in a complex organizational model, serving and working to multiple stakeholders at once.
- Experience in project management and or line management of team of multimedia professionals and oversight of production schedules.
- Experience in living and or working in high risk locations, with a strong understanding of risks and mitigations.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud editing suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects)
- Knowledge of compressions and working across various digital formats, including optimizing content for social media and online use
- Excellent knowledge of multimedia trends and innovative ways to reach audiences through audio-visual content on social and traditional news platforms
- Excellent knowledge of social media and its ability to optimize news coverage and engage news audiences.
- Proven ability of building social media audiences.
- Ability to shoot high quality images and video on DSLR (such as 5D, C300)
- Ability to manage several products at once, managing consultants and working across divisions.
- Knowledge of key international and child development issues and debates
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of different needs of influential international media outlets
- Strong relationships with multimedia journalists and outlets
- Ability to pitch stories persuasively fluent in at least one other international language
- Self-starter, able to spot media opportunities with a keen eye for a storyline
- Organised, able to manage and lead on several projects at once
- Good persuasive skills, working in a collegiate manner across different specialist teams in particular, Global Campaigns, Advocacy and Humanitarian/emergencies
- Ability to work fast, accurately often in a high pressure environment, handling complex data and issues with confidence
- Ability to work strategically, planning and prioritizing
- Genuinely international perspective, with excellent knowledge of global issues and political debates affecting children
- Ability to travel at short notice, often to developing world countries, and occasionally in difficult working environments
- Contribute to out of hours’ media rota
- Ability and willingness to work outside of office hours on occasion, within reason and in response to urgent news needs
We can offer circa £48,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work – Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in on the application form/in your cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.