IsraAID is looking for a Finance and Admin Officer to manage the Financial and Compliance needs of IsraAID in South Sudan.
This position is an exciting opportunity to engage in Financial Strategic Management, develop experience with Donor Compliance, and one step forward in your career.
We need someone with experience in working with complex Excel files and in Budgeting. Required critical thinking skills in terms of Finance Management, and experience in Financial Controlling, which includes a sound knowledge of Accounting principles.
The person needs to like desk-based work, control and establish procedures for compliance, and work with Excel files.
Hard-worker, self-driven, and comfortable in working independently are key traits of the person we want to recruit.
Fluency in English is compulsory. This position will be based in Juba and will initially report to the Country Director.
The Finance and Admin Officer will:
· Assist with Budgeting, Planning and Financial Control
· Responsible for the monthly budget execution, including the monthly forecasts, planning and cash flow management;
· Ensure that the monthly budgets match the annual budget;
· Present & facilitate review of actual to budget expenditures with Country Director, Program Director and Program Managers.
· Compile and timely submit the monthly financial report to HQ and to donors as per the specific donor requirements.
· Come up with budget templates when developing donor budgets during proposals development.
· Provide recommendations for budget realignments as required.
Control and Monitoring
· Ensure adherence to finance policies, systems and procedures for IsraAID, Donors and Statutory regulatory requirements for South Sudan;
· Review and account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments;
· Maintains the organizations system of accounts ensuring all accounting data is updated, reconciled and fully supported;
· Support internal and external audit procedures.
Cash and Transaction Management
· Manage the organization’s cash flows, and record all cash transactions;
· Oversee preparation and execution of bank orders as needed and oversee transactions;
· Prepare weekly payments roll-out;
· Ensure maintenance of accurate records of financial transactions of the country office in order to monitor financial status of all project activities.
· Administer petty cash and keep appropriate financial records.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
· Previous NGO working experience in Finance and/or Accounting – minimum of 3 full years a requirement;
· Ability to easily work with Excel;
· Critical thinking and leadership in Finance analysis;
· Must be assertive but empathetic and has the ability to easily talk to different people;
· Ability for teamwork and lots of patience in a changing environment and needs;
· Knowledge and experience using a financial system such as QuickBooks.
· CA or finance-related qualification
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.