ECOS - Environmental Coalition on Standards
Deadline for applications: 18 April 2022
Responsible for the financial health the organisation, supporting and reporting to the Operations Director, you will take ownership on accounting, administrative and statutory records, financial reports and grants, but also contributing to the development and implementation of policies and systems for finances.
In this position you will use your skills and experience in accounting, and your attention to detail, to help manage the finances and accounts of our organisation. You will produce accurate financial records that help the organisation make decisions and report to funders.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Manage and direct daily accounting activities and reporting according to WinBooks
- Provision of financial information and reports to senior managers in support of monthly monitoring of risks and decision-making
- Assist in preparation of Financial Reports to the Executive
- Support the Operations Director to implement ECOS financial policies and procedures, in compliance with both Belgian and European legislation.
- Ensure monthly and yearly closing of books.
Compliance and Tracking:
- Maintain a birds-eye view of overall reporting requirements, financial management and grant timelines for the projects.
- Ensure sound project financial, administrative, and programmatic management (i.e. budget execution monitoring, achievement of contract deliverables, expert and sub-award tracking, invoicing, etc.)
- Collaborate with programme staff during proposal submission, and review grant applications to ensure compliance with guidelines and policy, and support of the goals and mission of ECOS.
Reporting and budgeting:
- Assist in the development of project work plans and deliverables, budgeting, and funder quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Prepare regular financial analysis and reporting as needed to facilitate project decisions.
- Manages the audit process to include audit work-papers, and work with auditors to ensure a clean audit.
- Supervise intern/officer, providing direction, coaching, and mentoring.
- Share knowledge with staff, and provide finance training to new hires, and other employees as needed.
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of accounting software is a must, preferably WinBooks
- Experience of working with EU funds and philanthropic foundations
- Experience in accounting, preferably in an NGO environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills as well as attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Belgian fiscal law and non-profit organisation requirements
- Fluent English, other languages an asset
What we offer:
- An open-ended Belgian contract with a competitive salary package between €4,000 -€5,162* according to the ECOS salary scale and depending on skills and relevant experience
- A benefits package (meal vouchers, pension scheme, 13th month, excellent insurances, public transport, eco-cheques etc.)
- A flexible, dynamic, and very pleasant international working environment
- Being part of a dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to addressing our environmental challenges
- We welcome applications from all over the world and can submit work permit request.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter in English by no later than 18 April 2022, midnight to: [email protected], with the subject line “Senior Finance Manager _ your name”. The first round of interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ECOS is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. At ECOS, we believe diversity is what makes our work richer and our team stronger. Your race, nationality, colour, gender, age, religion, disability, status, or sexual orientation are NOT important to us, we value your knowledge and commitment. If you believe you can contribute to our common goal, we encourage you to apply.
* The salary level of the candidate will be determined according to the relevant work experience for the role and the number of years within the position (0 to18+years).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.