Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE),a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is seeking job applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Senior Finance Officer.
WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- WEWE is currently implementing a USAID-funded project and a US CDC funded project and we are looking for talented, gifted and intelligent individuals that are God fearing.
- This position is being recruited strictly on merit, we do not have an already existing candidate, we are sincerely looking for the best candidate that can add value to our Finance team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly financial reports
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation reports
- Posting of Implementing Agencies financial reports.
- Post, maintain and reconcile financials in QuickBooks Accounting software.
- Prepare other periodic financial reports as may be requested
- Prepare cash advance liquidations for review and submission to the donor.
- Support successful external audit of WEWE corporate finances yearly.
- Facilitate effective, efficient and timely financial transaction recordings, review all postings from state offices and merge with HQ postings
- Support proper budget monitoring/management in a manner that will aid good management decisions on project expenditures.
- Ensure compliance on statutory deductions and remittances
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Must possess a second class upper/Upper credit
- Candidates with ICAN or ACCA qualification or its equivalent is preferred
- Additional professional certifications or a post graduate qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance related roles
- Proficient in the use of Quick book accounting software
- Ability to develop financial budgets for donors
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience in an NGO on a US government funded project is required.
- The successful candidate will be based in Abuja
- The post holder is expected to be results orientated, be a team player, be pro-active, be committed to self-development and dedicated to the growth of the Organization.
Application Closing Date
19th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word or PDF document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected]
Important Information and Notice
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected. While WEWE thanks all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.