Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Rollins School of Public Health Finance office is responsible for financial reporting and guidance related to non-sponsored funding. We research, prepare, and disseminate financial information to Rollins deans, department chairs, and faculty.
- Coordinates major financial reporting and budgeting activities.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and reporting requirements.
- Coordinates the correction of account balances, resolves funding issues and maintains proper accounting controls and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to management related to long-range financial and cash flow analyses.
- Prepares and analyzes statistical and financial reports, financial statements and supporting schedules.
- May assist in preparing, developing and monitoring department/organizational budgets.
- May maintain grant agreements, policies and guidelines; coordinate grant reporting requirements; review grant funding source compliance; and negotiate grant funding with awarding agencies.
- May perform indirect cost analysis.
- May hire, train, and supervise a small staff.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance or a related field and six years of financial analyst or accounting experience, OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Must be highly proficient in Excel, financial budgeting and forecasting.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to provide stellar customer service to faculty and staff
- Ability to create new reports for leadership
- Ability to train in EBI, Compass, and other financial guidance as needed
- Will represent RSPH Finance in meetings and serve on committees
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University location as needed. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply?
Connect with us for general consideration!
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.