Job Overview: The Senior Intensive Case Management (ICM) Caseworker will address barriers to safety and wellness for especially vulnerable refugees, asylees, and other ORR-eligible populations. The Senior ICM caseworker will be expected to provide strengths-based, client-centered case management to single-headed refugee households; survivors of domestic violence and gender-based violence; older refugees; youth and young adults without parents or permanent guardians; refugees experiencing mental health or psychological difficulties; refugees with physical disabilities or medical conditions; unanticipated refugee arrivals and secondary migrants; and refugees who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer (LGBTQ). They work closely with clients, colleagues, and external parties to develop service plans to meet individual client needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and resources in accordance with client eligibility and program requirements. They will supervise ICM Interns and Volunteers as well as ICM Afghan Caseworkers who provide temporary support to the ICM program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Determine client eligibility for ICM programming and conduct intake assessments, review program expectations, outcomes, and confidentiality with each potential client.
- Develop individualized, SMART Self-sufficiency plans for each client enrolled in the ICM program.
- Evaluate client progress every six months during active program enrollment to determine the client’s progress towards goals and work with the client to identify new needs and actions needed.
- Assist clients in navigating social service systems, which may include helping clients apply for benefits and attend and schedule appointments.
- Provide clients with extended orientation on a variety of topics such as developing social support networks, navigating transportation systems, and navigating the education system at the local level.
- Respond to client crises, with guidance from supervisor as needed.
- Assist clients with requesting financial assistance when applicable and track the received financial assistance within case files.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation in client’s case file to ensure services are properly documented throughout the client’s service period; document all services provided in IRC’s database, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
- Attend relevant trainings and meetings at the local and national level.
- Train the ICM Afghan Caseworkers.
- Train and lead the activities of ICM volunteers and interns.
- Support ICM Afghan Caseworkers, Interns, and Volunteers with referral and care coordination for clients and ensure proper documentation of services.
- Attend monthly meetings with ICM HQ and communicate action items as needed to Staff, Interns, and Volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Health & Wellness Manager
Position directly supervises: Program Interns, Program Volunteers, and Intensive Case Management Afghan Caseworkers
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work, public health, or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of case management experience with similar populations and/or client needs required.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English required, both spoken and written; proficiency in Dari, and Pashto is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.