CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.”
We need a dynamic Senior Marketing Manager to join our high performing team to support brand strategy and positioning and amplify our marketing communications by implementing our marketing plan. This role, in support of our Resource Mobilization Director, will help our team provide the messaging, communications, positioning and media and event presence to delivery brand awareness, differentiation and manage marketing content planning to achieve the resource mobilization milestones required to fuel this opportunity. This role will increase revenue of CARE Inclusive Market Based Approaches (iMBA) to $100 Million in revenue by 2030 and impact 100 Million women, catalyzing the impact by applying marketing components through 1) Marketing execution; 2) Partnership Amplification and 3) Branding responsibilities.
- Brand Strategy: support Director of Resource Mobilization to create a breakthrough annual message theme that drives the overall brand strategy and serves as an umbrella that all programs can reinforce.
- Partnership Amplification: lead digital and content, event marketing, media and PR activities.
- Marketing Plan Management: execute annual plan; support internal and external communications; create contents.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience desired.
- 8-10+ years of professional experience in marketing, PR, or content strategy position, ideally with an International NGO or social media or brand marketing company, or similar organization, ideally with some international experience.
- Expertise developing and managing content strategy for professional and mass audiences.
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing (demonstrated through portfolio) and editing.
- Project Management: Manage all aspects of project planning and execution: anticipate scenarios and develop contingency plans, hold others accountable and ensure timelines are met.
- Collaborations and executive presence: Ability to collaborate well across all levels of organizational hierarchy, including the ability to collaborate with and influence senior leadership.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter with strong bias to action and intellectual curiosity.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit our website at
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected]
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE’s career website at any time.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.