Integrity is an ethical consultancy and service provider working in challenging and complex environments around the globe.
We help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change.
We work across all phases of the programme and project cycle, delivering eleven complementary services: research, evidence and analysis / advisory / monitoring, evaluation and learning / data and knowledge management / programme and project management / grant and fund management / risk management / technical assistance / capability and capacity development / stakeholder engagement / communications. Our services are underpinned by the principles on which we were founded, a commitment to providing reliable information and evidence, and expert and high-quality delivery.
Headquartered in London and Washington DC, Integrity also has offices in Jordan, Kenya, and Pakistan. Our multi-national team of over 50 specialists deliver a diverse and global portfolio of projects for a range of government clients and international institutions including the FCDO, USAID, US State Department and the World Bank.
We are guided by an organisational vision, mission and commitment.
Vision: Integrity sets the international standard for ethically delivered expert services in conflict, post-conflict, and fragile contexts. We transform conflict and build stability, accountability, and prosperity.
Mission: We help clients and communities to build trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We do not advocate: we listen, comprehend, and recommend.
Commitment: We uphold the highest ethical standards in our service delivery, our employment of staff and our interaction with people. This ensures not only that our clients receive the best possible service but that we benefit the individuals and communities amongst whom we work. See our values here.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com.
How the Senior Manager (Research, Evidence and Analysis) fits into the Integrity team
The Senior Manager (SM) will play a varied technical and management role at Integrity, contributing to the design and delivery of Integrity’s services, as well as supporting directorate and team management responsibilities. Based in Amman, Jordan, the SM will also play a crucial role supporting the Head of MENA across the regional office’s operations, and particularly on the delivery portfolio.
The role will sit within the Services Team, which leads the design and delivery of our work. The SM will be based in Amman, Jordan and will report to the Head of MENA. The SM will work flexibly across Integrity’s different services and teams and will be attracted to a fast-paced working environment. The focus of the SM’s work will depend on current priorities and may include periods that focus more on either project delivery or business winning.
The Senior Manager’s Scope of Work
The SM will be involved in both project delivery and business development. They will take on important technical and management roles on major projects, including client engagement, research design and delivery, building rosters of local research providers and overseeing procurement, management and uptake of research. They will also undertake management functions both in the delivery of project and supporting the Head of MENA in the effective running of the MENA office.
The SM will also support, and sometimes lead, the technical design of bids for clients including the FCDO and USAID. This includes developing appropriate and innovative approaches and methodologies to meet the needs of our clients, and writing technical proposals. These proposals will relate to key service offerings, including Research, Evidence & Analysis, but also: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning; Data and Knowledge Management; and Project Management. Key thematic areas will include research on what works in fragile contexts, peace and stability and the impact of delivering assistance or humanitarian aid in protracted crises.
In addition, the SM will also support the consolidation of good practice within the company and take on line-management responsibilities for more junior staff members.
Terms of Reference
A. Project Delivery (70%)
The SM plays a key role in the design and delivery of Integrity’s projects. The role will:
- Oversee, lead or support the delivery of projects on time, on budget and to high quality standards.
- Design, tailor and implement research activities on projects, chiefly in the MENA region but potentially with a wider focus.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with research commissioners (i.e. donors) and regional research providers.
- Oversee the procurement and management of sub-contractor organisations or consultants to deliver discrete delivery activities, particularly focused on research.
- Lead on project responses to strategic risks and opportunities.
- Balance project and company resource requirements.
- Effectively, empathetically and diligently manage relationships with clients, consortium partners, consultants and stakeholders more broadly.
B. Technical Design and Business Development (15%)
The SM will support the development of our global Research, Evidence and Analysis service offer – through developing approach papers, leading technical proposals, assuring the quality of Integrity’s overall approach and representing Integrity externally. They will also support design related to other services and thematics. The SM will:
- Contribute and sometimes lead the articulation, development and roll-out of approaches and methodologies, in line with Company Strategy.
- Lead on, and contribute to, the technical design of new Integrity opportunities, from identification and pre-positioning through to submission, negotiation and inception.
- Provide constructive quality assurance of technical offers on selected new programmes and/or bids.
C. Learning (5%)
The SM supports internal and external learning, particularly around REA as a service. This includes building awareness of Integrity’s approaches and strengthening the capacity of colleagues to design and deliver REA work to the required standard. The SM will:
- Support the identification of lessons from REA delivery activity across Integrity’s portfolio and beyond, facilitating lesson-learning across the team.
- Provide internal and external thought leadership on Integrity’s REA service.
- Support the embedding of good practice within the service, through design and delivery of in-house training materials, training modules and other learning events.
- Work with colleagues to support their professional development in areas of specific expertise.
- Engage with the wider sector through attendance and participation in external events etc.
D. Management (10%)
- Support the Head of MENA in the management of the regional office, deputising where necessary.
- Line manage select Integrity staff and/or corporate consultants at lower grade levels.
- Work with colleagues under line management to develop their careers, contributing to professional advancement, job satisfaction and personnel retention.
- At least 10-15+ years of experience working within international development and/or the consultancy sector
- Advanced degree with 10 number of years of applied experience OR a bachelors degree with 12+ years of experience, including extensive experience delivering research, evidence and analysis projects.
- Regional programme management experience, particularly in relation to research projects or studies
- Experience in more than one of the following countries or regions: Yemen, Lebanon, Jordan, OPT, Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, the other Gulf States.
- Good understanding of research cycle, covering design of approach, data collection, analysis, quality assurance/peer review, reporting and dissemination
- Interest and experience in evidence uptake and evidence informed decision-making.
- Understanding of different research methodologies, including qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Understanding of the MENA research supplier market, including existing networks and relationships with potential partner organisations and individuals
- Good written communication skills, with the ability to write a clear and compelling narrative.
- Significant experience of quality control, and quality assurance of raw data and analytical reports.
- Experience of relationship management and external engagement working with international donors in relation to research programme delivery
- Excellent ability to work in a team, and collaborate with individuals with diverse technical backgrounds
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experience working with FCDO (or formerly DFID and FCO).
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to analyse quantitative or qualitative data using different approaches. Mixed methods skills strongly preferred
- Expertise in relevant software such as MAXQDA, NVivo, STATA, Python, R, Microsoft Excel, Power BI etc.
- Interest and experience in managing learning platforms, peer exchanges, sense-making sessions, organisational learning events, and contributing to accessible learning products
- Experience working with World Bank, Foundations and USAID.
Written and oral fluency in English is required. Strong written and spoken Arabic language skills will be a distinct advantage.
Integrity’s Core Competencies
The Senior Manager should also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Level 1: Team competencies
• Planning and Organising
• Development and Continual Learning
• Results Focus and Initiative
• Customer Orientation
• Managing Change
Level 2-4: Management competencies
• Analytical and Flexible Thinking
• Achievement Focus
• Managing Resources
• Teamwork and Team Leadership
• Customer Orientation
• Organisational Knowledge
• Organisational Alignment
• Strategic Thinking
• Developing Talent
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply-sm/ and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
The closing date for applications is 31st December 2021. Please note we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We therefore encourage early applications. Please be advised that due to the number of applications we received, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position will be based in Amman, Jordan. Candidates must be based in or willing to relocate to Amman.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. And positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.