The Refugee Hub
Senior Policy and Project Officer
The Refugee Hub was founded at the University of Ottawa in 2012. Our mission is to foster justice and human rights for refugees at local, national, and international levels through innovative research, programs and partnerships. We are supported in our work by a team of in-house experts, a wide range of consultants, and a broad and diverse community of partners and stakeholders.
The Refugee Hub is also a partner in the Global Refugee Sponsorship Initiative (GRSI), a unique and ambitious multi-stakeholder collaboration that encourages and supports the creation of new community sponsorship programs around the world with the aim of increasing and improving overall refugee resettlement, strengthening local host communities, and improving the narrative surrounding newcomers. Our other partners in the GRSI include the Government of Canada, the UNHCR, the Open Society Foundations, the Giustra Foundation, and the Shapiro Foundation.
As part of its engagement within the GRSI, the Refugee Hub Europe has been awarded an Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF) Grant to be part of a multi-stakeholder consortium of CSOs, Governments, Universities and UNHCR offices to design, pilot and implement innovative policies, practices and tools to foster the link between Community Sponsorship and Complementary Pathways in Italy, Belgium, and Ireland. The Refugee Hub will provide support to all 3 countries in developing policies and building relevant ecosystems.
The Refugee Hub is seeking a Senior Policy and Project Officer to support the delivery of the AMIF project under the supervision of the Global Advisor on Sponsorship Development. Beyond supporting the delivery of the AMIF project, the successful candidate will contribute to the wider portfolio of the Global Advisor, advancing wider strategies on community sponsorship, complementary pathways and resettlement, conducting policy research and drafting, and delivering specific thematic and country-oriented projects.
We seek a highly organized and self-motivated person who is a skilled policy analyst and project officer excelling at relationship management, problem- solving and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate should also demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, discretion, tact and responsibility, including when managing various files with little supervision.
- Project management: Advance the delivery of the AMIF Project, including engaging the consortia, coordinating the delivery of policy design sessions in multiple countries, overseeing the financial reporting and providing overall support to the Global Advisor in the successful delivery of the project.
- Policy: Develop and draft reports, policy documents, proposals and other written products in fields including community sponsorship, complementary pathways and resettlement mainly in the context of the AMIF project.
- Knowledge management: Reading, analyzing, briefing on, and organizing core reports and studies written by, as well as data collected by, external stakeholders relating to the Refugee Hub’s areas of
- Briefing senior Refugee Hub staff on key topics to support participation in or presentations at global and strategic policy convenings.
- Graduate or higher University degree in a relevant field (g. law, public policy, public affairs, political science, international development)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, with demonstrated emphasis on project management and policy development. Experience with large consortia of partners is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills, including financial, data and information management
- High proficiency with the full suite of MS Office software, as well as remote-connectivity applications
- Superior time management skills with an ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks and projects
Knowledge of refugee issues, European and Member States politics, intergovernmental or public affairs, community sponsorship, or other related areas will also be considered an asset
This is a remote work position based in Europe/UK within the range of Western European to Central European Standard Time.
- One-year contract (renewable, up to a maximum of 3 years)
How to apply
- Cover letter
- Unedited writing sample of no more than five pages.
Please apply through Bamboo HR at https://refugeehub.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23 by December 12, 2021, to be considered for this position
The Refugee Hub is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion, and encourages qualified candidates of all genders and from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The Refugee Hub will provide accommodations upon request during the recruitment, selection and assessment process for candidates with a disability.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.