ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Program Associate provides mid-level administrative and technical support for Programs under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer. The Senior Program Associate will be expected to perform complicated tasks requiring prior experience, education or training.
This is a remote-based position.
All remote candidates will be considered. However, you must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
This position has a closing date of 24 January 2022.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people . Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer:
- Provide support in ensuring Program implementation complies with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures;
- Lead the compiling of Program reporting and monitoring and evaluation, including quarterly reports and other project-related reports for MENA Programs;
- Assist with the tracking of metrics for monitoring and evaluation;
- Assist with communication between Internews HQ and field staff on Program implementation;
- Guide and/or ensure the preparation of invoices, wire transfer requests, expense reimbursements, and complete credit card reconciliation on a monthly basis;
- Lead the implementation of personal service contracts and service contracts and ensure communication with business operations unit regarding same;
- Support events and partner meetings, including coordinating agendas and travel logistics;
- Represent team and Internews at events on request;
- Communicate regularly with headquarters’ Accounting and Administration teams to ensure financial compliance;
- Assist with project oversight, including financial tracking and progress towards Program deliverables;
- Assist the Program team with proposal development as needed and contribute ideas to the team for potential future proposal development;
- Develop and maintain up-to-date briefing and communications materials for active projects;
- Support the MENA team in compiling and distributing Program updates;
- Other duties as assigned;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Prior experience in development projects;
- Superior analytical and writing ability;
- Superior communication and presentation skills;
- Experience managing complex travel arrangements;
- Proven organization skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize a shifting workload;
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Professional-level fluency in English.
- Relevant university degree;
- Experience with financial management and familiarity with US Government rules and regulations;
- Field experience;
- Experience with proposal development;
- Experience preparing expense reports and budgets;
- Experience with event planning and/or arranging logistics for project implementation abroad;
- Proficiency in Arabic and/or French.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, d isability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
How to apply
Please submit application materials at https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1599
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.