IREX - International Research and Exchanges Board
Senior Program Officer, Education Practice
IREX – International Research and Exchanges Board
Under the supervision of the University Partnership Manager, the Senior Program Officer will be responsible for managing and supervising the relationships with four Jordanian Universities and for organizing and managing the overall technical activities such as university selection, provision of resources and technical assistance to universities, convenings of working groups, workshops, trainings and events in close coordination with the program officers and the technical team. The position will deputize for the University Partnership Manager when needed and will have a focus on building senior relationships at the Universities, quality assurance checks, M&E indicator tracking as well as university capacity building interventions.
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. education, international development, or related fields); Masters preferred;
- At least five years of experience working in a non-profit organization, university and/or managing international education programs, preferably with a focus on professional training/development and higher education;
- Experience conducting organizational capacity assessments and follow up activities;
- Experience doing programmatic quality assurance;
- Research skills preferred, especially rapid desk reviews and conducting interviews;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Professionalism in written correspondence and report writing, excellent presentation and oral communication skills in Arabic and English;
- Experience creating, managing and monitoring program workplans and budgets;
- Experience leading and managing a team;
- Ability to work in a positive, solutions-oriented way independently and collaboratively with others on a team;
- Familiarity with USAID contracts preferred; experience supporting and managing subcontractors preferred;
- Experience working with monitoring and evaluation systems preferred;
- Strong computer skills and proven track record in the advanced use of modern communications tools, internet, email, social media, and teleconferences;
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a fast-paced working environment in order to adhere to strict deadlines.
Your Daily Tasks
- Deputize for the University Partnership Manager when needed;
- Working with Program Officers, support the University Partnership Team in all aspects of program implementation to ensure timely and accurate completion of deliverables including university selection and provision of resources and technical assistance to universities;
- Act as a quality assurance lead person for the implementation of the universities’ activities and track and analyze work plan activity, progress toward project objectives and track and analyze project indicator data;
- Provide support and challenge to work undertaken by delivery partners;
- Report on progress of program activities and contribute to the fulfilment of the program indicators;
- Under the supervision of the University Partnership Manager, liaise with key stakeholders and conduct regularly scheduled follow up visits to the universities;
- Represent the project and make presentations to key stakeholders when needed;
- Provide the senior management with programmatic updates;
- Take the lead on coordinating and conducting Higher Education Quality Assessment HEIQAT for the participating universities;
- Develop a capacity development action plan for the universities and regularly follow up on its implementation;
- Under the supervision of the University Partnership Manager, coordinate and follow up with subcontractors on their roles with action plans and report against it;
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Private Sector Liaison Officer on the university recruitment campaign and on the recruitment needs;
- Follow up and coordinate with PRESTIJ procurement team on the universities’ procurement needs and develop a procurement plan;
- Contribute to and manage the production of high-quality program deliverables including reports, technical products, training materials, handbooks, templates and guides, including content development, formatting and proof reading;
- Support the capacity building of the program officers through knowledge transfer and mentoring;
- Follow up on the universities financial model and longer-term program sustainability;
- Travel throughout Jordan;
- Other administrative and programmatic duties, as assigned.
Don’t forget to mention unjobvacancies.com when applying.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.