ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Senior Program Officer for the Americas provides strategic support and oversight on a variety of department tasks, including project management, donor reporting, donor relations, proposal development and communications. The Senior Program Officer is responsible for management level support for a variety of projects within the Americas program unit, primarily South America projects, and may provide technical advice to other subunits within the Americas department as needed.
The ideal candidate for this role is based remotely in Mexico, Ecuador or Peru.
All remote candidates in these locations will be considered. However, you must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
This position has a closing date of 15 November 2021.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Supports the development and implementation of annual workplans in close cooperation with the Program Manager for the Americas;
- Coordinates with other subunits within the Americas, and with other departments within Internews to ensure effective support for technology and media programs in the LAC region;
- Provides ongoing program management support to the Program Manager as required including overall program design, strategic planning, identifying and selecting consultants, preparing SOWs and liaising on M&E issues;
- Performs high-level grants and contracts support including reviewing RFA/Ps and tracking, monitoring, and analysis of all grants and contracts in line with operational program plans;
- Reviews grants/contracts packages for compliance and accuracy prior to submission and ensure deliverables are in-line with program plans and are cost-effective;
- Liaises with Internews administration and control staff in the US on all contracts, subgrants, procurement and payments;
- Maintains the grants tracking system logging status of all grants and contracts tasks managed between the Internews US administrative office in California and the field office(s);
- Provides reporting on all aspects of grants management to donors as required;
- Files and archives critical business documents in auditable files;
- Provides limited budget authority for grants, procurements and other payments, as required by the Program Manager;
- Supervises staff as required by the Program Manager;
- Manages other country program operations or parts of these programs within the Americas division as delegated by the Program Manager;
- Writes reports and proposals for donors;
- Works closely with the Program Manager and team to proof and edit quarterly reports and ensure they are submitted on a timely basis;
- Represents Internews at conferences and events when needed, with funders and with policy experts, as required by the Program Manager;
- Manages logistics for travel, meetings, including procurement of visas as needed;
- Produces expense reports and prepare payment documents as needed;
- Assists in in procurement of supplies, services, and equipment for the department and field projects as requested;
- Carries out research in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives as requested;
- Supports local partners in the Program Unit with proposal development, fundraising, and organizational development;
- Manages administrative tasks in accordance with project timelines;
- Prepares and tracks budgets, projections, pipelines and other activities for program unit as required;
- Builds and sustains relationships with donors at the country and regional levels
- Leads the design of project proposals in conjunction with country teams
- Provides surge capacity support: assists program units with short-term program tasks including reporting, budget development, and other tasks as needed;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values;
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 5 years programmatic experience in relevant non-profit organizations – experience in a non-profit media development organization a significant plus;
- Advanced university degree required;
- Grant proposal writing experience, and proven text-editing proficiency;
- Experience in developing or supporting programs;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish: speaking, writing, and listening;
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments;
- Proficient in MS Office.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
How to apply
Please submit application materials at https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1580
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.