EF is seeking a motivated Senior Project Manager based in Vietnam.
The Project Manager will lead several projects operating in commodity supply chains including pulp and paper, rubber, palm oil and cassava in Thailand and Vietnam. The position has significant potential for business and career development in the region, engaging companies and stakeholders to lead the creation and delivery of innovative solutions around people and the environment, with a specific focus on smallholder value chains and carbon removals. An operational and strategic position, the role combines the opportunity to work on-the-ground in supply chains with local teams and directly engage leading actors from the private sector to drive impactful change. Experience in project management, natural resource management (forestry, agriculture or similar), supply chain sustainability and cross-cultural skills will be crucial in the role. The individual shall be highly motivated to engage in challenging sustainability issues across the region and interested in a career with a dynamic non-profit that builds relationships with companies, governments and civil society organizations to bring responsible products to market. The Project Manager will be responsible also for building and nurturing a strong team in multiple locations that is capable of delivering on tasks expected by clients and the organization.
Responsibilities and scope
The Project Manager will:
- Lead the delivery of EF projects in Thailand and Vietnam, including project management and client engagement, enhancing the value proposition of projects in the region;
- Have or develop a deep understanding of key commodity supply chains, NDPE (No Deforestation, No Peatland Development and No Exploitation) and Net Zero commitments, and the primary sustainability issues linked to supply chains in Thailand and Vietnam;
- Have or develop an understanding of GHG emission reduction and removal projects based on agriculture and forestry, with the capacity to support delivery and implementation of carbon projects with smallholder farmers;
- Line manage local staff, including mentoring, supervision and annual performance reviews;
- Maintain oversight of EF member contracts, budgets and impact measurement linked to projects and provide a point of contact for internal and external coordination;
- Manage annual country budgets, and human resource needs linked to project delivery, including recruitment;
- Co-develop solutions with EF teams and partners that drive sustainability impacts;
- Lead and collaborate on business development opportunities, including the creation of proposals, budgets and client engagement for new and existing projects in the region;
- Produce high quality reports and communication material for members and clients, including supply chain assessment reports, quarterly and annual reports;
- Provide strategic oversight of programmes linked to the region and coordinate with programme leads to maintain delivery;
- Provide management support to the Director of Operations, including regular progress updates across all areas of work;
- Coordinate with teams, project managers and member managers from EF to ensure the smooth delivery of work plans within the region;
- Build trust and partnerships with key stakeholders in the region linked to specific projects including funders, private sector actors, government agencies, civil society actors and local communities;
- Represent Earthworm at external events, identify stakeholder collaboration opportunities and progressively build a local network of contacts;
- Lead by example, promoting and maintaining EF values in all aspects of the work.
- 4-6 years’ relevant professional working experience in sustainability, supply chain responsibility and/or management, natural resource management (forestry or agriculture) and/or project management, either with the private or non-profit sectors;
- University degree or higher in a field related to forestry, natural resource management, business management, sustainability, regenerative agriculture, the environment or international development;
- Strong understanding of business supply chains and sourcing issues. Knowledge of natural raw materials and agricultural commodities an advantage;
- Strong understanding and high interest in environmental and social responsibility issues;
- Exemplary human resource skills, with track record of effective working relationship with colleagues and team members, particularly in a cross-cultural environment
- Strong project management skills, including leadership, time management, problem solving, negotiation and technical skills
- Outstanding communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to work with data sets, synthesise findings and identify key issues and risks. Excellent attention to detail;
- A natural planner and organizer, able to prioritize and organize own work schedule
- Experience with managing conflict situations, including having difficult conversations with external or internal team if needed, in a constructive way to achieve the desired outcome;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Comfortable in fast-moving, high-pressure, complex and changing environments;
- Positive attitude and high level of initiative;
- Willingness to learn and adapt;
- Committed to Earthworm Foundation values:
- Action oriented;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Collaborative and communicative;
- Respects different perspectives.
- Proficiency in English;
- Other languages an advantage (Thai, Vietnamese).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.