IRC (International Rescue Committee)
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University Degree in law (Human Rights Law preferred), political science, Humanities, social sciences or equivalent
- At least 5 years professional experience in protection work, of which at least 3 in a managerial position, experience in emergencies, rule of law and human rights programming preferred
- Proven experience in implementing protection monitoring projects, including in drafting protection monitoring reports, and in legal assistance projects
- Experience with qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting
- Proven experience in setting-up and following up on referral systems
- Previous experience leading diverse teams and with remote management
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Demonstrated experience in training/capacity building or national staff
- Good protection background and knowledge of refugee context, as well as demonstrated ability to identify and refer vulnerable cases, is desirable.
- Excellent drafting and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Arabic preferred
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, and ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to determine priorities and great attention to detail.
- Patient, flexible and able to handle pressure well, team spirited and willing to learn.
- Good computer skills including, at minimum, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The position will be based in Erbil or Baghdad and cover protection work in 3-4 governorates. This position will require travel in South-Central Iraq and Erbil.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or
non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected]
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل
متساوية و ان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة.
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات
(سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي
مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء
مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [email protected]
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
How To Apply
Please click on below link:
The Closing date is : 4-Dec-2021
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.