The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is now recruiting for an experienced Recruitment professional to join the HR team and lead on recruitment-related activities specific to the Africa region. The Senior Recruitment Associate will report into the Head of HR and will work to provide high-quality recruitment support to GAIN’s country offices in Africa, as well as other locations across the globe as required. This role is offered on a permanent contract and is open to applicants based in Kenya.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
The Senior Recruitment Associate is a key position within the GAIN Human Resources function. Reporting to the Recruitment Manager and working closely with the wider HR and Recruitment teams, the postholder will be responsible for leading on a range of talent acquisition activities as well as supporting the HR team with general projects alongside other team members to ensure consistency and learning.
Specific Responsibilities include;
- Leading GAIN’s full recruitment lifecycle activities across countries in Africa (and other designated areas as may be required), the postholder will be responsible for talent acquisition at levels from intern to senior executive.
- Developing talent pools through first class candidate sourcing, maintaining consistent KPIs in speed/quality of hire and establishing strong business partnering standards
- Managing the delivery of complex end-to-end recruitment processes in a number of international locations (primarily across the Africa regions) in a highly organised and efficient manner
- Building and maintaining a database of high-quality candidates to rapidly respond to recruiting needs, in addition to sourcing candidates through a variety of networks, events, databases and online resources
- Establishing relationships with external service providers (recruitment agencies, job boards etc) ensuring the best cost to hire, in addition to the delivery of an effective and quality service
- Collaborating with members of HR, GAIN’s country office teams and the leadership team to understand current and future hiring requirements through workforce planning activity
- Developing innovative recruitment campaigns and strategies to support with niche hires
- Providing specialist guidance/expertise on pipelining and sourcing channels appropriate to GAIN’s in-country requirements.
- Providing expert guidance to hiring managers and interview panels on the design and delivery of competency / strength-based interviews and assessments
You should be an experienced recruitment specialist with a background in recruitment process outsource (RPO) or in-house functions. You should also have in-depth knowledge of the African recruitment space with the ability to work effectively within an international, matrix structure environment. Alongside this you should be experienced in international sourcing and direct hiring, including head-hunting, and leveraging networks for a wide range of roles. Proven experience of applying job evaluation methodology (Hay method, Birches etc) would be an asset
In addition to the above, you should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree level in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field, or possess equivalent relevant work experience. Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential, as are excellent IT skills.
About our Offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is from KES 2,567,589 – 2,937,470 per annum, dependent on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
This advert closes on 12th November 2021. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Kenya. Please note that GAIN are currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
How to apply
To apply, click on the following link: https://jobs.gainhealth.org/vacancies/765/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.