Senior Research Manager - European Social Policy
Senior Research Manager – European Social Policy
Ecorys is a world-class research-based consultancy that helps our clients make a positive impact on society. We are leaders in research and evaluation, project management and communications providing the evidence and advice that our clients need to tackle the issues that affect communities around the world. Our 600 staff are justifiably proud of our innovative and thought-provoking contributions to policy and programme delivery.
What you will be doing
We are currently looking for Senior Research Managers to join our Policy and Research team, to win and deliver research, evaluation and consultancy projects across one or more of our policy areas including education, employment, social inclusion, and in communications evaluation.
Our Senior Research Managers have the opportunity to work for a variety of clients including European Commission – DG EAC, DG EMPL, DG COMM and DG RTD – and EU agencies such as EU-OSHA, Cedefop and Eurofound.
As a Senior Research Manager, you can expect to:
- Manage medium to large-sized research projects, controlling budgets and timescales and overseeing teams of other researchers and experts;
- Utilise core technical skills to design and oversee impact and performance evaluations, using research designs appropriate to the intervention. This will involve a variety of primary, secondary, qualitative and quantitative research methods, including survey design, sampling and econometric and other statistical analysis;
- Successfully conclude projects through the production of high-quality written reports, presentations, articles and use of other dissemination channels;
- Manage high performing technical delivery teams to work within tight deadlines;
- As a key part of the role, you will be expected to work with Ecorys directors to lead proposals for new work, and to actively research opportunities to grow the company’s portfolio of international projects and network of experts.
What we will need from you
- Experience in the development and delivery of evaluation or research into relevant policy interventions at EU level, including the successful application of analytical approaches that feed into the understanding and formulation of relevant policy areas;
- In addition to strong technical skills, you will need to be equally enthusiastic about business development, with some track record in winning new projects or research;
- Capability in stakeholder management and building and maintaining client relationships and with multidisciplinary and multicultural research teams (including academic and in-country partners);
- An excellent level of written English and strong presentation skills are essential;
- Strong experience in managing project delivery teams;
- Due to the nature of research, this role requires a DBS check and some international travel (average of 7-10 days at a time).
We offer a highly competitive benefits package including variable pay (bonus), private healthcare, share scheme and buying and selling annual leave.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity and our company please visit our website: https://www.ecorys.com/united-kingdom.
Review the attached job description and submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form here: https://careers.ecorys.com/en/ad/senior-research-manager-european-social-policy/cjth7n.
Early applications are encouraged. Applications received will be assessed on a rolling basis.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.