Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten-Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency, Corporate Services and Human Resources Complex (CHVP), ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The Corporate Information Technology Services Department’s (CHIS) mission at the Bank is to align the IT delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems (IS).
Under the leadership of the African Development Bank’s (AfDB) Information Systems Director, the Information Technology Systems Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver best possible IT services for Bank Staff and help achieve the results that gets the Bank closer to accomplishing its poverty reduction goals in Africa.
Under the guidance of the Manager of the Business Solution Development & Program Management Divisions, the Specialist is responsible for supporting the configuration, administration, and improvement of the SAP HCM and SuccessFactors applications that supports the HR service delivery. These functions include analysis of business processes & systems optimization requirements, new system or functionality testing and implementation, support & problem resolution, and HR reporting.
The Specialist performs functional requirement analysis, functional configurations on SAP HCM and SuccessFactors modules, Maintenance of the HCM applications, SAP SuccessFactors, and its modules, interfaces, and day-to-day support activities, including role-based permissions.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, CHIS.1, the key duties and responsibilities of the Senior SAP Solutions Development Officer are:
- Perform functional requirement analysis, Functional Configurations on SAP HCM and SuccessFactors modules, and maintenance in S4 HANA ERP system and related interfaces.
- Perform configurations in SAP HCM module such as Payroll schema, leave management, Benefits, Positions management, HR master data management etc.
- Perform Maintenance and required configurations in SuccessFactors PMGM (Performance & Goals Management), Employee Central core concepts such as Position Management, Time off, MDF etc.
- Provide documentation that includes impact analysis, test cases, object dependencies, performance testing and risk analysis. Creates solutions for business and technical problems identified, in accordance with industry standards and African Development Bank resources, rules and regulations.
- Perform and Coordinate development activities in S4H Cloud such as SAP BTP, Cloud integrations, RPA (Robotic Process Automation), Side-by-side extensibility.
- Perform any SAP ABAP / UI5 / Fiori development based on users’ specifications.
- Act as a back-up resource person for other functional areas in the team as and when required.
- Provide support for application development in business areas outside of human resources area as required based on priorities.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor.
COMPETENCIES (skills, experience and knowledge):
- At least Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Development or related disciplines.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in SAP ABAP development with at least three (3) years’ experience in SAP HANA.
- Experience of working in a large and complex organization.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP configuration and development methods and disciplines.
- Full end to end understanding of SAP implementations, development, quality, and production environments in SAP related competencies such as SAP ABAP (RICEF), Workflow, SAP NetWeaver, ECC 6.0, S/4 and MDM.
- Understanding of relational databases, data storage, and SQL concepts. Understanding of data structures and data objects.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP HCM and Success Factors modules.
- Good understanding and functional experience of other SAP modules will be added advantage.
- Knowledge in other non-SAP applications and different technologies will be an added advantage.
- ABAP / SAP UI5 / SAP Fiori Certification is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s standard software: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project, Access, etc.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL THEREFORE NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO ARE NATIONALS OF SOUTH AFRICA OR ARE NATIONALS OF MEMBER COUNTRIES OF THE BANK WHO ALREADY HAVE A PRE-EXISTING LEGAL RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN SOUTH AFRICA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. THE BANK DOES NOT SPONSOR OR SUPPORT APPLICATIONS FOR WORK PERMITS AND RELOCATION IN RELATION TO THIS POST.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct [email protected]
2- External Candidate
If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.