Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID has contracted Social Impact under the Middle East Education Research, Training, and Support (MEERS) Program to conduct education sector-focused assessments, evaluations, and research studies across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Under the MEERS Activity, Social Impact has been requested to conduct a MENA Disability Inclusive Education study, which will use the International Disability Alliance’s definition of Inclusive Education to examine the types of accommodations, support, and services for students with disabilities across the MENA region. The study will examine national policies for disability inclusive education, noting financing sources and strategies, as well as strengths and gaps in current policy. A review of interventions designed to support students with disabilities and related literature will provide examples of where and how policies and interventions are being realized and implemented and draw out lessons learned from published data.
SI is seeking a Senior Specialist – Disability Inclusive Education to provide expert-level technical inputs and qualitative research support to this study. The Senior Specialist will have a strong background in the evaluation of national policies and projects in the education sector in the MENA region with a particular focus on inclusion of persons with disabilities (PWD). This is a remote, part-time consulting position requiring 40 days of work from September 2021 to June 2022.
- Conduct in-depth literature review and a limited number of remote interviews; support data analysis and reporting.
- Support the research design to address study questions, including sources and methods of data collection and analysis relevant to disability inclusive education in the MENA region.
- Assist the Team Lead in the preparation, editing and submission of the final report.
- Contribute to workplan development, literature review, data collection activities, and final report submission as requested by the Team Lead.
- Provide technical inputs on disability inclusive education for the preparation and presentation of the key study findings and recommendations to USAID.
- Guide the planning and execution of a related case study and/or training workshop based on study findings – parameters to be determined in collaboration with USAID during the initial design report stage of the study.
- Master’s degree in education or another relevant field with eight years of relevant work experience.
- Experience conducting literature reviews of policy documents, program reports, and academic literature and in qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience in developing and evaluating educational systems and/or programs in MENA countries.
- Relevant subject matter expertise in disability inclusive education as defined by the International Disability Alliance.
- In-depth knowledge of the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Framework.
- Oral and written fluency in English. Arabic proficiency is an asset, but not required.
- Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply for the position, please visit our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3867
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.