CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
The Senior Technical Advisor will support the Nutrition team to reach technical excellence through delivery of high-quality programming, research, and business development. This will include supporting other CARE units and country offices in expansion and innovation around existing, planned, and new activities and projects. This position reports to the Director (Nutrition) and works collaboratively with other PSI units, country office staff, and business development teams.
- Technical leadership for program quality and design
- Resource mobilization and New business development
- Project management and planning
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL)
- Advanced degree in related field (e.g. nutrition, public health, social and behavior change, international development, agriculture, social studies) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 10 yrs. experience in implementing nutrition-sensitive and/or multi-sectoral, integrated programming in the agriculture, food security, and/or health sectors, including field experience in developing country context or within an international development organization
- Demonstrated experience providing technical and programmatic support in nutrition and/or nutrition-sensitive sectors
- Experience in designing and implementing highly effective and efficient nutrition programs
- Demonstrated abilities in strategic planning, management, and oversight of complex technical initiatives
- Significant experience in managing and supporting research initiatives, including formative research (data management and analysis) and monitoring and evaluation activities of nutrition programs or a related field
- Inclusive and adaptive leadership skills; creativity; and innovative mindset. Interpersonal and intercultural communications skills, with the ability to communicate knowledge in a manner appropriate to diverse audiences
- Proven ability to work in partnership with other professionals, and to support learning and sharing of lessons and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated experience in research leadership, including publications in a relevant field
- French language skills
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit our website at
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected]
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here. The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE’s career website at any time.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.