Heartland Alliance International - Iraq
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- A bachelor degree in sociology or social work, Psychology or related social science.
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience in field.
- Experience in working in the social sector, particularly with IDPs or refugees, or with programs focused on children and adolescents.
- Of and experience with basic counseling skills and techniques.
- Previous experience or understanding of the human rights, social and political environment in Iraq;
- A strong commitment to human rights and to implementation of international law.
- Ability to travel within the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and different areas in Kirkuk governorates.
- Capacity to have immediate intervention for the urgent GBV cases.
- Essential – Fluent in Arabic
- Desirable – Fluent in English (read, write and communicate)
- Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), and other software applicable to the area of work
Female candidate are strongly encouraged to apply
Collaborative spirit and ability to work independently as well as in a team; commitment to knowledge sharing and teamwork; positive attitude and ability to see through challenges to find solutions; and strong interpersonal skills and an ability to clearly communicate, including complex concepts into layperson language.
This project will address sensitive issues. Interested applicants should have a strong commitment to child rights, addressing the issue of the use of torture with cultural sensitivity, respect, and confidentiality. Candidates should be flexible, have a sense of patience, and be able to work effectively independently and as a member of a team.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter (1 page maximum) explaining your interest and how your experience meets the qualifications required and a CV, to
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.