Fixed term | 12 Months | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
ACTED South Sudan
ACTED operations in South Sudan aim to improve food security, ensure access to livelihoods and develop resilience and emergency programmes. Since the eruption of the South Sudanese conflict in December 2013, ACTED has been contributing to the delivery of humanitarian services to internally displaced persons, refugees and host communities. As camp manager ACTED continues to coordinate and provide camp management services in Protection of Civilian (POC) site in Juba and Bor, informal settlements in Wau and refugee camps in Maban.
You will be in charge of
To ensure that the UNHCR-funded CCCM/SNFI project in Maban County Refugee Camps is implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to objectives, goals and indicators, in line with donor requirements and based on beneficiary needs.
1. Project Management
Programmatic deliverables Management: Ensure timely/qualitative CCCM/SNFI activities’ implementation with the support of the CCCM/SNFI heads of unit:
(i) Support to Community Self-management
· Deploy mentoring scheme of the newly elected Camp Executive Committee members (i.e. one on one handover);
· Conduct refresher training of the board members of all ACTED-mentored sectoral committees.
(ii) Establish/strengthen coordination mechanisms
· Facilitate the camp-level / cross-camps monthly coordination meetings with the support of the (i.e. organize meetings, disseminate minutes);
· Facilitate any ad hoc meeting involving camp leadership structures and one or more agencies / partners;
· Ensure bi-monthly meetings are held with the Community Watch and Youth Committees of each camp;
· Facilitate a workshop on Camp Coordination / Information Management for senior management staff of agencies / partner intervening in Maban.
(iii) Communication and Community Engagement
· Ensure roll out of quarterly awareness sessions across camps;
· Ensure mobilization of camp leadership structures on any event that require their presence (i.e. regular events featured in the monthly activity calendar or ad hoc requested meetings).
(iv) Information Management
· Ensure monthly consolidation/dissemination of the activity calendar of each camp;
· Gather pictures of the agencies/partners intervening in Maban for the next quarterly camp profiles;
· Regularly update the new arrival and burial clothing tracker;
· Conduct a monthly review of the Complaints and Response Mechanism (except for level 4 and 5 that are referred immediately).
(v) Provide core relied items support
· Conduct monthly soap distribution;
· Refer all fire incidents cases to UNHCR Feld for Emergency CRI support.
(vi) Shelter material and maintenance tool kits provided
· Support the Senior Shelter Officer in the facilitation of the monthly meetings of the Shelter and Infrastructure Committee of each camp;
· Support the Senior Shelter Officer in consolidating a practical training package (i.e. 2nd /last training of the year to be conducted in September);
· Support the launch of any procurement necessary to the implementation of shelter and infrastructure activities.
(vii) General operations constructed and sustained
· Follow-up on the procurement of the items/material necessary to the rehabilitation of the old Camp Executive Committee of Batil.
Reporting: Ensure timely submission of weekly/bi-weekly reports by all heads of units. That is submission of:
· Bi-weekly progress report by the deputy camp managers (i.e. merging the bi-weekly reports of their camp officers);
· Monthly NFI distribution report by the NFI distribution officer;
· Provide regular bi-weekly updates to AME unit (verbal).
· Monthly operational updates by the deputy camp managers (i.e. merging their bi-weekly reports) to UNHCR Field Office;
· Weekly progress report by the Senior Shelter Officer to UNHR Site planning unit;
· On-site distribution report / tracking by the NFI Distribution Officer to UNHCR Field Office;
· Monthly report / PMF & Indicators’ table update by the CCCM Coordinator to Project Development team in Juba.
· Update monthly of the financial follow-up tool (i.e. BFU) including crosschecking committed/paid costs but also forecasting upcoming expense;
· Ensure that all procurements / casual labor requests are within the forecasted limit, avoiding any overspent / underspent.
Logistics & IT Management:
· Raise all necessary procurements in a timely and ACTED processes – compliant way;
· Follow-up with Logistics department to ensure timely delivery of all procured items (i.e. PM review, quality check, signature of stock reception…);
· Oversee CCCM/SNFI Program item release from the warehouse (i.e. sign stock exits and gate passes).
Administration and HR Management:
· Oversee all CCCM/SNFI staff recruitment process (i.e. raise staff request, support shortlisting, support at interview / written test stage and communicate selected candidate);
· Sign all HR documentation for CCCM/SNFI staff (i.e. leave requests, attendance sheets, TOIL…).
· Ensure regular filing of all program documentation (i.e. regular update of activity summary (soft copies) and filing of the hard copies).
Report any safety/security incident involving ACTED staff / premises / items to Area Coordination and Security departments.
2. Camp Coordination/Management
· Identify any matter within the camps requiring inter-partner/agency coordination and support the access to coordination platforms (e.g. ad hoc / emergency meetings);
· Advise on the community mobilization schedule of the different agencies/partners intervening in Maban;
· Report any safety/security incidents arising in the camps to UNHCR Field unit.
3. Support development of the CCCM/SNFI Toolkit
Develop training package
With the guidance of the CCCM Coordinator, flesh out the CCCM training portfolio especially for trainings targeting ACTED-mentored sectoral committees. That task will entail the development of training modules and refresher quizzes on following topics: Leadership, Conflict Resolution / Mediation, Public speaking and Minutes recording.
Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures (i.e. Distribution in Maban, Coordination / Information Management in Maban).
Expected skills and qualifications
At least 4 to 5 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East
Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments
Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions
Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office
Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply
Send your application (resume + cover letter) to [email protected] Ref: PC CCCM/SSUD
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.