Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State HRH Consultant
Reference ID: req14582
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Reports to: States’ technical Lead
Project Overview and Role
- The UK Support to Health transformation in Nigeria through the Lafiya Programme is a flexible, demand-led strategic partnership with the Nigerian Federal and targeted State governments designed to address equity, improve and sustain health outcomes for the most vulnerable States with the worst health statistics.
- The desired objectives of the programme included fostering an enabling environment for UHC policy reform and implementation, institutional management capacity building and health system strengthening. This required the full engagement and participation communities with a view to contributing to ending preventable maternal and new-born deaths.
- The programme operated at the Federal level; and geographically in five states of – Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe.
- Following the ODA cuts, from 0.7% to 0.5% and the spend review handrails, the FCDO reprioritisation and business planning exercise beginning in the last quarter of 2020 and first quarter of 2021 the programme had to scale down some key interventions and consider reviewing the geographic scope going into the next financial years.
- The programme now focuses on contributing to two outcomes (1) Morbidity amongst women, newborns, children, and adolescents significantly reduced in targeted states; and (2) Covid-19 transmission and vaccine hesitancy reduced including improved plans and capacity for emergency preparedness and response in the targeted States:
- Output 1: Advocacy & Accountability – Leadership and Governance of primary health care services structures or planning and delivery teams are functional in targeted states (through partnership)
- Output 2: Adequate health workforce for primary health care including RMNCAH service delivery and BHCPF available and sustained in targeted states
- Output 3: Health information management systems capacity to support decision-making for primary health care including RMNCAH and BHCPF service delivery in targeted states increased
- Output 4: Health financing and public financial management to strengthen and sustain access to high quality and affordable primary health care in targeted states increased
- Output 5: Health security and epidemic preparedness and response (EPR) plans developed and operationalized within the targeted states (by addressing social norms/behaviour change)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- During FY22/23 Palladium under output 2 seeks the short-term technical services from a suitably qualified facilitator that can mobilise State MOH to improve HRH and SPHCDA to invest in the CHIPS programme and promote quality of care.
- Support states to conduct stipulated HWFR update and advocate for efficient HRH management and improved service delivery with focus on BHCPF.
- Support the onboarding of state’s master trainers and support them in training more CHIPS agents.
- Advocate and support the onboarding, training, mentoring and performance of CHIPS agent to provide quality community-based preventive, selected curative services and complete referral to BHCPF facilities.
- Provide support to CHIPS focal person and LGA Teams to conduct monthly intensified defaulter tracking for zero dose and SBA in focus LGAs and support data quality review meetings at the LGAs for the community-based data with CHIPS in collaboration with HERON.
- Quarterly report (20 pages max) that details out the support provided to the state, highlights of the activities completed, technical assistance provided, changes, challenges, and lessons etc.
- Must be an experienced professional in the field of health systems strengthening and particularly exposed to HRH interventions.
- Demonstrable capacity to network and negotiates with key stakeholders across different sectors in support of health.
- Strong skills in health workforce planning and management/human resources forecasting, design, implementation and monitoring of program components, e.g. health systems strengthening, supportive supervision, advocacy and coordination.
- Experience with technical assistance for programs funded by FCDO and/or other donor programs in developing countries, with significant Northern Nigeria experience.
- Experience in coordination and collaboration of stakeholders including government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English required, working knowledge of Hausa and other local languages preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities effectively and efficiently often within a required timeframe.
Application Closing Date
Mathod of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.