Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country.
- Experience 2 – 3 years
- Location Lagos
The Stores & Administrative Assistant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative and logistics tasks in the Regional office in line with organizational requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for booking flight tickets for local and international trips and reconcile the bills.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing the organization’s CUG lines with the mobile line provider(s).
- Ensure airport pick- up and drop- off arrangements are made for visiting staff or consultants.
- Provide logistics support for program activities, company organized function or social event.
- Maintain and update organization asset list for insurance and audit purposes.
- Carry out physical tagging of organizational asset and recording in Asset register while ensuring regular update of same.
- Work closely with the state team to ensure the asset list is updated regularly.
- Ensure proper stock taking of office supplies and cleaning consumables and replenish as needed.
- Supervise the office Assistants and ensure general cleanliness of office building and environment.
- Ensure authorization of vehicle request form for official trip before vehicle leaves the Office.
- Manage Transport Assistants’ activities ensuring regular fueling and maintenance of vehicles, documentation, including log sheets and repairs log.
- Coordinate regular fueling and maintenance of generator in the regional office to ensuring regular and un-interrupted supply of power to the regional office.
- Responsible for recharge of electricity meter in the Regional office.
- Make travel details/Logistics for staff, consultants and participants in training programs including booking accommodations and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Responsible for keeping all office documents and filling as appropriate.
- Responsible for collating departmental updates and developing minutes of staff meetings and circulates it amongst the team.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration, and/or Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in office administration.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.