A) POSITION SUMMARY
Working in the Sudan Program under the direction of the Regional Head of Finance and Administration, the Sudan Senior Finance Officer is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the country program, ensuring compliance with SIHA Network policies and procedures as well as donor regulations.
B) PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee and manage daily program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
· Plan and implement systems for financial operations in the country office and in area program offices in accordance with the SIHA Finance Manual and donor regulations; including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
· Train and supervise accountants staff in the program.
· Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of SIHA Network projects.
· Prepare monthly standard accounting submissions to the management of SIHA, for review by the Regional Head of Finance and Administration including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost /project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
· Prepare monthly management reports to the Regional Head of Finance and Administration and Program staff as required, including expenditures by cost /project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
· Prepare financial reports, for review by the Regional Head of Finance and Administration , to donors in line with donor requirements and templates.
· Assist in developing annual fiscal year budgets together with the Regional Head of Finance and Administration
· Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; train SIHA Sudan staff in these policies.
· Ensure compliance with SIHA financial policies and procedures.
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SIHA Network and to not jeopardize its mission.
· Perform any Other duties as assigned**.**
C) IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor degree/B.COM/or equivalent in accounting or finance is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
· Minimum of four years of progressive financial management experience is required
· Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACCA or Certified Public Accountant(stage 2).
· Minimum three years of experience from an international NGO is required; international NGO field office experience is preferred.
· Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
· Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
· Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
· Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired
· Excellent oral and written English skills.
· Previous knowledge of Quickbooks and any other accounting software is a great advantage
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
· Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills
· A team player who is responsible, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels and different backgrounds
· Good analytical skills is essential
· A problem solving and solution oriented attitude; be methodical and adaptable
· Planning skills and attention to detail
· Ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver on set objectives within given deadlines
· Approachable and willingness to listen and assist finance and non-finance colleagues
· Ability to work under pressure and on irregular working hours
· Ability to occasionally conduct training of staff within the financial management area
· An ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful financial information is essential.
· A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
· An impeccable professional standard of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with SIHA Network and donor policies and procedures is essential.
How to apply
Interested Candidates are asked to provide their current CV and Cover Letter, expressing her/his motivation in applying and relevant experience/expertise, in relation to the assignment by 5th August 2021.
Please enter “Application Materials: ‘SIHA APPLICATION: SUDAN SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER – KHARTOUM-SUDAN” to SIHA’s Human Resources Department at [email protected]
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, please note that SIHA will contact only shortlisted candidates. We thank you for your interest!
Qualified Female candidates are encouraged to apply!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.