Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Thies, Senegal
Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%
Reports to: CEO
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty.
About the Supply Chain Manager Role
You will plan, manage, and provide technical and operational oversight of all supply chain activities – including procurement, transportation, and warehousing – to ensure effective and efficient delivery of goods. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to anticipate and manage supply chain needs and challenges, and introduce improvement solutions, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with direct reports and programming leads to strengthen the pipeline and supply chain management plan. Manage the determination of procurement and logistics service requirements, desired specifications and delivery schedules, and how sourcing strategies are defined, ensuring proper coordination and communication.
- Ensure accountability and transparency of all supply chain operations in compliance with myAgro and country regulations, and international and local standards and requirements.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise a team. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high quality teams.
- Design and implementation of a strategic sourcing and procurement process to identify, assess, select and contract suppliers that will deliver the maximum value for money to the organization. In close coordination with the procurement team oversee relationships with key suppliers and assess supplier performance.
- Manage logistical infrastructure, storage facilities and transportation resources. Oversee application of systems and procedures for inventory and commodity transportation, warehousing, and distribution, as well as for vehicle management to ensure proper handling and safeguarding of assets. Ensure related safety and security protocols are implemented.
- Oversee inventory control and the management of comprehensive goods tracking and record keeping systems throughout the whole supply chain cycle, from time of request until time of delivery. Ensure timely preparation and submission of various reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or other relevant degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in supply chain/procurement management with progressive responsibilities, preferably with relief supply chain management.
- Knowledge of and experience with various public donors’ regulations. Understanding of the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), WHO regulations and Generally Accepted Commodity Accountability Principles (GACAP).
- Knowledge of national and international import/export legislation and common customs regulations.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Experience with ERP systems is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent planning, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make independent judgment and decisions.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.