Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC’s work in Mexico supports migrant populations throughout the country – those in transit and those who see Mexico as a destination. Current program areas include cultural orientation, a range of protection activities, and support for livelihoods.
The Supply Chain Manager (SCM) is a key position in contributing to the success and delivery of quality programs. IRC defines Supply Chain as those systems and functions necessary to implement programs effectively, including planning, procurement, logistics, inventory management, property and asset management, and vehicle and fleet management.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the SCM is responsible for supporting the Supply Chain function to ensure efficient procurement and delivery of supply chain functions in field offices and supporting the field supply chain team with day-to-day operations.
Supply Chain Planning
- Work closely with internal and external partners to ensure effective planning and preparation to support program implementation
- Prepare, review and update procurement plans, warehousing plans, transportation plans, and distribution plans.
- Implement IRC procurement SOPs.
- Develop sourcing strategies and relationships with suppliers.
- Monitor the supply market and conduct market surveys and analysis.
- Implementing procurement planning and strategies to ensure all program procurement needs are met on time, in line with GSC and donors’ standards.
- Implement IRC procurement SOP’s in all procurements.
- Plan and lead on conducting market surveys.
- Support in the development of specifications.
- Analyze and produce updated price lists for frequently procured supplies and services quarterly.
- Receive approved Purchase Requests using IRC’s ERP system, ensuring data accuracy and assigning PRs to procurement staff.
- Review Bids Analyses for below tender procurements, ensuring compliance.
- Coordinate and participate in tender meetings and evaluations.
- Prepare Bids Analysis and other bidding documents for approval.
- Conduct open and detailed negotiations with suppliers.
- Demonstrate value for money in procurement.
- Review procurement documents for accuracy before payments are submitted to finance.
- Analyze procurements and advise on types of procurement that can benefit from Master
Purchase Agreements (MPAs)
- Lead on tenders for establishing Master Purchase and Service Agreements (MPAs and MSAs)
- Lead on international procurements, including supplier relations, order tracking, regional reporting, and payments.
- Support with customs clearance procedures for internationally ordered supplies.
- Handle contracts to ensure that Terms & Conditions and standard operating procedures are adhered to as provided by IRC’s Global Supply Chain (GSC) department.
- Prepare contracts for recommended bidders.
- Renew running contracts.
- Monitor and administer contracts against set performance indicators.
- Lead supplier relationships and performance to ensure that there is detailed record keeping and implementation of procurement SOPs.
- Maintain supplier files and documentation
- Document supplier performance.
- Maintain supplier performance scorecards.
Inventort , Warehousing and Asset Management
- Maintain inventory control , including buffer stock , contribution in kind and any other donation material
- Implement the IRC inventory policies with regard to all project item , including cycle count , reporting discrepancies.
- Develop and ensure material distribution plans and up to date and being adhered to .
- Coordinate inventory disposal procedure
- Placement of the assest maintenance plans as per IRC polices , including repairs and insurance coverage process
- Conduct a full stock inventory counting at the end of fiscal year
- Ensure that grant inventory and asset report is accurate , regulary produced , reviewed and approved before the grant closing date.
Compliance and Ethics
- Implement donor rules & regulations for all procurements, identifying and analyzing compliance risks in procurement processes
- Implement due diligence for suppliers, including background and compliance checks, reference checks, supplier visits, etc.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance.
- Identify and report procurement red flags.
- Implement audit corrective action plans (CAPs)
- Ensure procurement is conducted in compliance with donor regulations
- Prepare and submit the monthly supply chain report to GSC by the 7th of every month
- Support with the development and updating of procurement plans regularly
- Promote team spirit, cohesion, respect, and The IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct among supply chain staff and in close cooperation with the HR department.
- Enforce and act per IRC Global and IRC Mexico HR Policies and Procedures.
- Train and supervise direct-report staff, including presenting clear expectations, setting annual performance objectives, providing regular and timely positive and constructive performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Approve and handle all time, attendance and leave requests to ensure adequate departmental coverage. Ensure monthly, accurate timesheet submission and probationary reviews.
- Ensure appropriate support to field-based staff via regular site visits, producing reports with action points to monitor.
- Look for opportunities to support staff in their career growth, where appropriate.
- Work closely with logistics counterparts and transportation service provider(s) to ensure cargo is received and dispatched to respective field sites on time.
- Work closely with supply chain staff in field offices to ensure efficient and cost-effective delivery of project goods and services.
Procurement Manager Proficiency’s Matrix
The Supply Chain Manager Proficiency matrix is the primary supporting document to this job description, and the SCM must ensure that all tasks are performed to standard.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Deputy Director of Operations
Position directly supervises: Supply Chain Officers/Assistants/Drivers
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Regular relationships with program staff, operations, and country supply chain staff at all levels.
External: Vendors and services providers, external lawyers
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.