UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
Functions of the post:
Communications & Workflow
- Facilitates the communications and workflow of the organizational unit to enhance the efficiency and timeliness of operations and outputs.
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence, e-mails and telephone calls.
- Communicates routine and some non-routine information pertaining to the work of the team.
- Establishes and maintains the office filing and reference systems, both traditional and digital; and ensures the inter/intra-net websites are up to date and accurate.
- Takes minutes of meetings, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and coherence.
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Arranges times through liaising with participants over availability.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Prepares background materials for participants and uploads cleared materials on the intranet.
- Prepares and maintains agendas on meetings and events related to the work group commitments.
- Provides travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, and documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains, and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel plan and budgetary control records.
- Monitors travel certification and report back to the team.
- Maintains vehicle logs
- Guide drivers on their travel plans
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION.
- Uploads electronic files and verifies results to destination system.
- Responds to client transaction status and other inquiries.
- Supports management and procurement of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating inventory of items.
- Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Arranges for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
- Any other responsibility as required and needed by the organization.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Emergency experience strongly desired.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
This position is based in Lviv and the incumbent will be expected to work on-site. However, depending on the security conditions and advisory, s/he will be required to relocated within Ukraine.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.