About the Role:
Accord Worldwide needs at least five motivated, passionate, results-driven trainers for the subject topic: Operations Room Management. Trainers must contribute to developing course material, planning training programs, and delivery of the courses as per the approved material and schedule. Candidates will work on a project that is (potentially) to train personnel working with the UN peacekeeping mission in Somalia. Please note that the contract is not yet awarded to our firm and we are at the stage of proposal development.
About Accord Worldwide:
Accord Worldwide is seeking a trainer for Operations Room Management for a project that is (potentially) to train personnel working with the UN peacekeeping mission in Somalia. Accord Worldwide is an international development and training firm. We provide services with a passion to bring about change at the grassroots level. We come from various cultural and geographical backgrounds to make a diverse team connected by a shared vision and mission. Our core value is to develop and empower individuals at the community level, within corporate teams, government entities, and public/private establishments. We believe that in developing the individual with the right skills, they are able to change the environment around them, contributing to the growth of their community and nation as a whole. We believe in the importance of equipping individuals with skills and knowledge, bridging the distance between infrastructure and information, and shaping them into dynamic professionals, making a positive impact in an increasingly competitive world. We connect organizations and teams to be part of community development activities that contribute to the nation’s growth and development.
- Must have sound knowledge of UN peacekeeping missions
- Must be competent on the subject of the training: Operations Room Management
- Must be fluent in English language
- Must be able to travel to Somalia different states as required by the project
- Must be familiar with UN operation and code of conduct
- Must be familiar with security training for personnel that are affiliated with UN peacekeeping mission
The candidate will have to contribute in:
- Planning training schedule for annual programs
- Drafting training material as per the standard of Accord Worldwide and the UN
- Developing lesson plans and group-specific activities
- Conducting training sessions as per the agreed standards
- Collecting relevant data and records from the training program
- Developing relevant reports according to set standards and criteria
- Assisting the project manager and other project personnel when and as needed
Topics To be Covered in the Training Program:
- Definition of an Ops Room
- b) Functions
- c) Organization
- Liaison & coordination
- Responsibilities/Job descriptions
- Working Practices
- Command Wakeup Criteria
- Delegated authority Matrix
- Ops Update/Bird Table
- Decision Brief, Actions-on Flowcharts
- Common Operational/Intelligence Picture
- Significant Acts (SIGACT) Tracking
- Reports and Returns
- Battle Rhythm
- Standard Operating Procedures
- C2 and Information flow to other formations
- Communication Systems
- Information Security and Data Protection
- Operations Room Planning Methodology – Based on the East Africa Standby Force 6 Stage Tactical Estimate.
How to apply
Kindly make sure to mention the job title for the position that you are applying for. You can apply here.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.