UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a Champion and an Advocate!
How can you make a difference?
The Administrative Associate is accountable for both specialized and procedural communications, operational and administrative support services for the office.
Purpose for the job:
Under the supervision and guidance of the Administrative Specialist, the Administrative Associate is responsible for executing a broad variety of procedural and specialized administrative tasks for the respective section requiring in-depth knowledge of UNICEF
administrative procedures, processes, and policies.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
• Arranges and coordinates all official travel of UNICEF personnel and partners in Office for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies.
• Processes travel requests, calculate DSA payable, arrange for visas, arrange transportation and accommodation for domestic and international travel of UNICEF personnel, Govt. officials, consultants, NGO partners, etc.
• Calculates and initiates entitlements for all official travel, e.g., airfare, excess baggage entitlements, terminal expenses, airfreight entitlements, daily subsistence allowance for staff and dependents on traveling on missions, etc.
• Serves as initial point of contact for day-to-day questions from clients regarding their travel needs, including compliance, regulations, and policy.
• Liaises with relevant travel agencies, airlines, and/or travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all official travels.
• Submits, reviews and approves Travel Requests and Travel Claims in Vision (ERP system) ensuring accuracy of all computations, availability of budget and completeness of supporting documentation.
• Reviews travel claims and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy and validity, prior to forwarding to the Finance; ensures that entitlements are in conformity with organization’s rules, procedures and policies. Refers discrepancies back to Administrative and /or Certifying Officers for clarification and possible correction.
• Advises Administrative Specialist of more efficient and cost-effective routings with regard to more complicated itineraries and assists them in making travel plans in order to take advantage of the benefits to be derived from advance purchases or special promotional fares.
• Responsible for collecting invoices related to travel management services and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in VISION.
• Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, and documentation procedures.
• Coordinates with the various Consulates/Embassies and the host government Ministries of External Affairs regarding the provision of visas and business and resident visas respectively.
• Extracts, inputs, maintains, and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
• Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel plan and budgetary control records.
• Monitors travel certification and reports back to the team.
• Identifies and generating periodic reports from the Travel module and monitors open/outstanding Travel Authorizations.
• Assists Administrative Specialist with reviews and updates of travel administrative business processes, implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs) and practices, which includes drafting language and communicating changes to UNICEF personnel.
• Supports Administrative Specialist in procurement process for travel agency services and other travel/logistics related services; facilitates the processing of contracts for external partners that provide a service to the section. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements.
• Supports the Administrative Specialist in the monitoring of travel related contracts to ensure that the terms and conditions agreed are being applied in earnest by the vendor
including but not limited to customer service response and survey administration and results compilation.
• Maintains up-to-date vendor lists and partners rosters.
• Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence, e-mails, and telephone calls related to travel and related processes.
• Establishes and maintains the office filing and reference systems, both traditional and digital related to travel management; and ensures the inter/intra-net websites are up to date and accurate.
• Serves as a back-up for events/logistics management and supports by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with caterers, and hosts for meetings/workshops/conferences.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Requirements of the position (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE) :-
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of local and international regulations for air travel, cargo bookings, customs, or visa/protocol formalities.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience in a large organization in handling and coordinating travel arrangements and visa/protocol is required.
- Experience in customs clearance related activities will be desirable.
- Experience in use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems relating to travel module is required.
- Experience in utilizing Global Distributions System (GDS) e.g., Amadeus, Sabre etc. is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Hindi is essential. Knowledge of another UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
▪ Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
▪ Works Collaboratively with others (1)
▪ Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
▪ Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
▪ Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
▪ Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
▪ Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
- This position is based in New Delhi (India).
- Selected applicant will have an initial two (2) year fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance, organizational needs and availability of funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
- UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply. Our workplace policies promote flexible work arrangements, to support all staff in maintaining a healthy life balance, both in and out of the office.
For more information about UNICEF India, please refer to the link below: – http://unicef.in
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.