Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Information Technology Assistant (Tier 2 User Support)
Duty Station : San Salvador
Classification : Grade G5
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term Contract, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : November 8th,2021
Reference Code : VN2021/066 SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the National ICT Officer , the overall supervision of the Resource
Management Officer the incumbent, and in close coordination with the ICT Central Team, the
incumbent will provide first and second level technical support and services to users of IOM’s
corporate applications and infrastructure, promoting a client and service-oriented approach.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates
are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates
are considered as first-tier candidates.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
* Provide end user support and ensure that all ICT Issue tickets and queries are logged and
answered appropriately via email, telephone call and/or in person by taking Issue ticket
ownership – open, update, and close assigned tickets, meeting or exceeding Service Level
* Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
* Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 level technical support such as immediate diagnosis and
workarounds for reported incidents.
* Log all actions and steps taken to respond to an incident or to complete a request.
* Assist in determining root causes and propose resolution for problems raised by
* Escalate to Global User Support (GUS) and supervisor when necessary and accordingly
to identified priority levels.
* Administering and monitoring of local services, servers, systems, and networks and provide
routine control of servers and data.
* Maintain and monitor the efficient access and uptime to Local, Corporate, or Cloud Services.
* Provide support, and/or assume lead role when required, for planned technology upgrades.
Perform implementation and administration of system, application, and infrastructure
components. Including support to ensure readiness for events and supporting the event’s
* Maintain, monitor, and support the effective utilization of communication equipment (including
but not limited to: PABX, videoconferencing equipment, and mobile devices)
* Provide end-user training both as a technical support person in general and as a trainer for
corporate applications and business process. Provide guidance and training to Tier 1 colleagues
* Produce and maintain relevant documentation and reference materials, including (but not
limited to): ICT asset and software inventory, infrastructure diagrams, security documentation,
and Identity and access management records. Recommend equipment and software
replacements in a timely manner following the ICT asset lifecycle standards.
* Assist in analyzing and correcting performance problems of network, systems and applications
and recommend solutions to enhance functionality, reliability, and/or usability.
* Administer and monitor server and workstation supporting systems such as patch management,
antivirus, and backup, recommend and take appropriate actions when needed.
* Participate in ensuring quality and continuous improvement measures following ICT Standards,
Guidelines, and Policies.
* Perform such other related duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Completed university degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in
Helpdesk / Service Desk roles.
• Completed high school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of
relevant professional experience.
• Microsoft Certification (MCP or above) in Windows Server 2016 and/or Active Directory.
• Azure or AWS Associate Certification.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• Other industry certifications such as CompTIA, VCP or ITIL are a distinct advantage
• Extensive experience in direct user technical support and computer, network and
communication equipment troubleshooting are a distinct advantage.
• Correctly applies knowledge of specialized IT disciplines.
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and
committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to
achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely
manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication;
explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested internal candidates are invited to submit their applications by completing and sending
the Internal Application Form (form attached), a letter of interest, and a CV to the following e-mail
address: [email protected] by November 8th, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Personal History Form,
Resume and a letter of interest to [email protected] by Novenmber 8th, 2021 at the latest,
referring to this advertisement.
• The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state
the position(s) you are applying for
• The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
KEEP IN MIND:
• Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
• Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the
position, will not be considered.
• This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
• The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.