Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Information Technology Assistant (Tier 1 User Support)
Duty Station : San Salvador, El Salvador
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Nov 8th, 2021
Reference Code : VN2021/067SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the National ICT Officer , the overall supervision of the Resource
Management Officer the incumbent, and in close coordination with the ICT Central Team, the
incumbent will provide first level technical support and services to users of IOM’s corporate
applications and infrastructure, promoting a client and service-oriented approach.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are
eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are
considered as first-tier candidates.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Serve as the first level and frontline for helpdesk technical support requests, interacting with
local and remote users to provide assistance and troubleshooting.
• Provide technical support to corporate applications and ICT standard software (e.g.
Office365, SAP, Migrant Applications, Internet security, Mobile Applications);
• Provide technical support with the installation and maintenance of servers, computers, and
• Assist with the monitoring of workstations, servers, LAN, and WAN equipment (e.g. Firewall,
switches, Wi-Fi access points, Microsoft Intune, backup and antivirus systems);
• Assist with the administration of servers and services including but not limited to AWS and
Azure Cloud-based services, VMware, Windows Servers and Active Directory, corporate
antivirus systems, and corporate backup;
• Contribute with system upgrades and IT infrastructure changes ;
• Provide induction, guidance, and training on IOM systems, devices and network usage to
end-users to facilitate productive use of existing and new systems;
• Maintain an IT inventory of active and retired equipment, including regular updates to the
technical documentation of the IT network;
• Perform other related functions as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• High school degree, and four years of relevant experience administrating Cloud based
services (AWS or Azure), Windows Server 2016 and LAN/WAN networking environment, or.
• University degree in computer science, telecommunications, electronic engineering, and
two years of relevant experience as mentioned above.
Any of the above qualifications plus the following will be an advantage:
• AWS or Azure Cloud Certification (Associate)
• Microsoft Certification (MCP or above) in Windows Server 2016 or Active Directory
• Other industry certifications such as CCNA+, Avaya, CompTIA Network+, VCP or ITIL.
• Relevant experience administrating Windows Server 2016 and LAN/WAN networking
• Extensive experience in direct user technical support and computer, network and
communication equipment troubleshooting.
• Proven experience supporting Office 365 and cloud-based solutions in AWS or Azure.
• Identify, diagnose and troubleshoot end-user computer’s problems including Windows
Operating Systems, Cisco VPN Connectivity, Microsoft Office, etc. Including remote
• Manage users in Active Directory, Exchange Server and Office 365
• Capacity to configure networking equipment including switches, firewalls, routers (e.g.
• Knowledge in administering corporate antivirus and corporate backup systems
• Experience with ITIL-based service desk ticketing systems
• Creation of users, extensions, and overall administration of telephone switchboard systems
(e.g. Avaya, Siemens)
• Managing videoconferencing systems (e.g. Webex, Polycom)
• Experience troubleshooting macOS and macOS-based applications
• SAP troubleshooting experience will be considered an advantage
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and
committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to
achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely
manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication;
explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested internal candidates are invited to submit their applications by completing and sending
the Internal Application Form (form attached), a letter of interest, and a CV to the following e-mail
address: [email protected] by Nov 8
th,2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Personal History Form,
Resume and a letter of interest to [email protected] by Nov 8
th,2021 at the latest, referring to this
• The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state
the position(s) you are applying for
• The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
KEEP IN MIND:
• Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
• Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the
position, will not be considered.
• This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
• The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.